What's new

Blade Fit In A DE Razor

Fatip was my introduction to this issue…
Same with my Fatip. It's a Piccolo. It's mandatory to check the blade reveal every time.
The three Gillette razors I've got have perfect alignment. That would be a English Tech 1977, a Super Speed flair tip 1965 and a 1969 Black Beauty.
My other seven razors are machined and all have perfect blade alignment.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I see the term "machined razor" several times in this thread. Aren't all razors machined? They are not handmade, as I use the term.
Machined is the finish. Or rather none/not much. Bead blasted, polished (hand out electropolish) and coatings are the usual other options.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I see the term "machined razor" several times in this thread. Aren't all razors machined? They are not handmade, as I use the term.
Traditional brass and zamak cast razors, and even stamped razors use machinery, but must be more labor-intensive, with many machines and steps must be controlled by the operator alone.

Therefore, the often called machining refers to "non-traditional machining" and "computer control"; such as modern CNC/MIM/WEDM/water jet cutting, it is possible to manage more mechanical equipment with less manpower, or even a whole The factory only needs one or two people to monitor.
The operator is mainly to maintain the mechanical stability according to the entered program.

Not only in razor manufacturing, but also in other fields.

Top Bottom