What's new

Blackland Dart

I currently use a Muhle R41 and it works well. I found a Rockwell 6S on sale at Amazon and with a coupon code, reward points and a forgotten gift card from work, I only had to shell out $32 for it. It is being delivered today.

As my normal routine I have been browsing different shaving sites and found the Blackland Dart interests me. I really do not need any more razors but I tell the wife its better than spending thousands on ham radios. Lol.

Has anyone compared the Dart to the R41 ?

The Dart and the R41 are my two favorite razors. I would say the Dart is a bit more aggressive than the R41, with more blade feel. I use the Dart a bit more frequently than the R41, but those two are my daily use razors.

If you like the R41, the Dart would be a good razor to try. The 6S is likely to feel pretty mild in comparison, even using plate 6.

I have owned all 3 razor you mentioned. The Dart and 6S are big winners in my book. The R41 is the most aggressive and least smooth... by far. (imo)

How does the Dart compare to the Blackbird? More or less efficient?

After owning both, I like the Dart more. I kept it and sold the Blackbird off. The Dart was more efficient for me and bit more sleek/better design/balance/feel. The Dart handle is also easier to use/hold on to compared to the awkward Blackbird handle. The Dart feels slightly more aggressive, but it could just be perceived that way. I cut myself numerous times with the Blackbird, but never once with the Dart... so go figure.

Geometry is personal. I sold the Bird and kept the Dart, Dart being both smoother and more effective on my head but I don't know how that is of any help as your beard/head is not same as mine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ok so I came home to the 6s in the mailbox today. I have read so many positive reviews on this razor that I was really excited to try it out. I read a lot of posts saying that it is very mild and a lot of people use the number 6 plate. But I had to see for myself how mild the lower numbers really are. I started with the number 2 plate and I see now what owners were talking about. I immediately flipped it to the number 4 plate and it was better but I would say the number 4 is pretty close to a Merkur 34C to me. But the shave was definitely smooth and irritation free. I will try the number 6 on my next shave and see how that feels.

I can see myself ordering a Dart in the near future.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Don’t buy the Dart; at least not the machine finished one; because I keep thinking a Feather AS-D2 will solve all my troubles, but a voice in my noggin says patience and developed skill are the only things I really need - along with a Blackland Dart in machine finish.

Ok so I came home to the 6s in the mailbox today. I have read so many positive reviews on this razor that I was really excited to try it out. I read a lot of posts saying that it is very mild and a lot of people use the number 6 plate. But I had to see for myself how mild the lower numbers really are. I started with the number 2 plate and I see now what owners were talking about. I immediately flipped it to the number 4 plate and it was better but I would say the number 4 is pretty close to a Merkur 34C to me. But the shave was definitely smooth and irritation free. I will try the number 6 on my next shave and see how that feels.

I can see myself ordering a Dart in the near future.
4 on a 6C was a wonderful shaving experience. Very little blade feel but irritation-free ATG shave for a BBS result. I just sold it, though, because I don’t like zamac and frankly think the design is pretty ugly.

The Dart is next up on my wish list, but I am a bit concerned with all of the polarizing reviews. As compared with ANY razor out there, the reviews for this one are all over the map. Still, it is gorgeous and quite a good price. Worth a shot.

Blackbird Aggressiveness: Safety Bar - 7. Open Comb - 7.5

Dart Aggressiveness: 6

These are written by Blackland.

We can compare R41 with iKon Tech. Not with the others above or 6S (any plate) IMO.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The Blackbird is a world class razor. So is the Dart. In my opinion, the Blackbird is slightly more efficient but the Dart is very close.

If you have to have a razor that is definitely more efficient (and aggressive), look at the Ikon Tek.

Just my opinion. :)

Top Bottom