What's new

Black Tip Super-Speed, without the black tip?

V

VR6ofpain

Saw this on the 'bay. Look at the TTO knob. It looks to be nickel.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I guess with the rapid post count, it is easy for a thread to fall behind if it doesn't get traction right away. some times I find a couple thousand new posts if I haven't been around for a couple days. Easy for a thread to get burried.

I missed this thread the first time by. It is as Guido said, a 40's style SS. The cas is that of an early Bell Tip Aristocrat. It should also have the Ivory blade boxes as well.

V

VR6ofpain

I thought the same.
Look at the TTO knob guys, this is not a normal 40's SS. The diameter of the TTO knob is smaller than the handle diameter. Plus the design is like that of the 50's black tip, yet it is metal, not black plastic. Why do you think I posted this in the first place.

Just kidding on the TT.
:redface:

Gabe

I concur with your assessment. I have before me a 40s SS and a black tip. on the black tip I would say that theknob is the same diameter as the razor handle, but the pattern of knurilization :)confused:) does not continue to the knob. there I find parallel lines. On my 40's, I find the knob slightly larger and the knurled pattern the same. I am not positive, but pretty sure that the knob on my black tip is metal. mine is the heavy version.

Also, I'm not complaining, but the detail in the photo is not up to your usual standards. Which could have contribued to some of the confusion :wink:

V

VR6ofpain

Also, I'm not complaining, but the detail in the photo is not up to your usual standards. Which could have contribued to some of the confusion :wink:
Razor is on eBay. I just took the auction photos. I don't own this razor.

Nice. I was under the impression that all "Black Tips" had plastic TTO knobs. I have seen those where they were bleached and turned white.

That's what I thought it might be at first, one of those where the black color got bleached out of the plastic and turned yellowish, then some enterprising soul got out his trusty jar of silver Testors model paint.

Top Bottom