What's new

Black Ship Grooming - Captain Joe Aftershave Splash - My Review!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I just finished writing a review for the Black Ship Grooming Captain Joe Shave Soap, so if you haven't seen that, head on over to the Shave Soap forum, and have a look. In this thread, I am going to be reviewing the Captain Joe Aftershave Splash from Black Ship Grooming.

proxy.php

I am someone who adores coffee, I got to have it in my everyday life, or I will go insane without it. So I say, lets drink some coffee with my left hand, while applying coffee scented aftershave with my right hand. A bit much? I don't think so!

BOTTLE:

The bottle is a pretty standard glass aftershave bottle, practically the same kind that Captains Choice uses for their aftershave's. Bottle measures out to be 4OZ of aftershave, with a hand dandy restrictor in the throat of the bottle for your convenience, and uses a standard threaded plastic cap. Once again, BSG loves to use loud and proud labeling, the tentacles are pretty much in your face. You really get the feel like, if your serving onboard the Flying Dutchman, you should be using this aftershave.

SCENT:

The best way to describe the scent of this aftershave is, think of a brewed cup of coffee, that you put some french vanilla creamer in it. The scent of this aftershave, is the same as their shave soap, except for one exception, its stronger, and I love that! Infact, it smells so good, I am making myself hungry!

PERFORMANCE:

The performance of this aftershave splash is pretty good. It went on providing me a solid burn feeling, yes, you will feel it for sure. I apply aftershave like you are supposed to, I don't slap it on like Kevin Mcalister in Home Alone. Your supposed to rub it into your skin for 30-seconds, and thats how I apply aftershave. The feeling of this aftershave is very smooth, I can really recommend it on that alone.

DRY DOWN:

The dry down of this aftershave, is pretty much the same as most aftershave splashes. I felt like this one took about 2-minutes though, and then my face was dry, but my skin was very smooth feeling afterwords, which is excellent IMO.

SCENT DURATION:

What amazes me about this aftershave splash, is that the scent lasts far longer then most aftershaves, and shares more in common with a cologne product! Its been 4-hours since I shaved, and I can still smell the aftershave.

CONCLUSION:

This aftershave is amazing. Not only is it a high quality performer in my book, but it really smells amazing. The smell of my face right now is making me hungry, and my shave den smells amazing. After I finished my shave, and after the dry down, I felt my face, and my skin feels smooth! I highly recommend this aftershave! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Good review.

I had a bottle of this, I agree the performance on this, as other of their aftershaves, is pretty wonderful. I just didn't like the sent,especially considering how long it hung around.

The review hits the smell pretty much spot on, I'd just add a lot of sweeteners (too sweet for me).

Again, I like many of their other offerings, this just wasn't my cup of joe.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Good review.

I had a bottle of this, I agree the performance on this, as other of their aftershaves, is pretty wonderful. I just didn't like the sent,especially considering how long it hung around.

The review hits the smell pretty much spot on, I'd just add a lot of sweeteners (too sweet for me).

Again, I like many of their other offerings, this just wasn't my cup of joe.

Hello @RollingStop :)

I also appreciate your honesty and opinions as well, what a great response! As I am brand new to BSG, I don't have the full range of experience with their products, as some others do. So, I'd like to ask you, which shave soaps and aftershaves from BGS do you recommend the most?

While I do very well understand that scent can be very subjective, I still appreciate knowing what the best scents are. In my experience, I find, companies who do a really good job of coming up with ground breaking scents, usually are revered by most, to be good.

So if you don't mind, I'd really appreciate it, if you, or even perhaps @JCarr could give a list of their most favorite shave soaps, and aftershaves, from BGS. 😎

Top Bottom