What's new

Black Handle Super Speed

Post a WTB on the BST forum. No badger and blade member will ever try to get you to pay exorbitant prices like ebay sellers. That way you av oid the hassle with auctions too. Good luck

Post a WTB on the BST forum. No badger and blade member will ever try to get you to pay exorbitant prices like ebay sellers. That way you av oid the hassle with auctions too. Good luck

to be honest... I've met great people and true gentlemen here on the board. I didnt even think about that option:blush:. Guess thats what happens if you cant sleep and roam the vast internet/ebay whilst tired... :laugh:

I think I like that option... I'd rather give my money to a B&B brother than some stranger on ebay. Plus, then I know the razor came from someone that knows his stuff. Thanks!!

Oh and BTW the black handles on the black handle superspeeds can be recoated, so dont freak out if it looks a little ugly.

Oh wow... I didn't know.... thought it might be some sort of plastic and once that has seen the end of its life...thats would be it. Good to know. Thank you:thumbup1:

Oh and BTW the black handles on the black handle superspeeds can be recoated, so dont freak out if it looks a little ugly.

I would love to hear more about this. I have a 1970 black handle that I purchased as I graduated from college that year. The metal polishes up nicely, but the handle looks a little sketchy. Do you know someone who does recoating?

I would love to hear more about this. I have a 1970 black handle that I purchased as I graduated from college that year. The metal polishes up nicely, but the handle looks a little sketchy. Do you know someone who does recoating?
People on this forum have had great success with gun enamel. I used black model paint. It looks and feels great, and the pain job seems to hold up well against wear and tear. Two layers seems to be the secret trick. I have to admit that it has only been a week or so since i recoated the handle and it could very well turn out disastrous in the future. However i very much doubt that. Recoating it yourself is also quite a lot cheaper than sending it to someone to have it done. I think i paid about 7 bucks and i have the equipment to do multiple operations now.

The early Black handles had the same head as the 60's then changed in 79 (I think). At any rate you can't go wrong with any Super Speed, you could get a few different user grade ones and see for yourself.

I have a 1984 Black Handle that has a lower profile head, I believe, than the earlier ones. Also, it has a rectangular indentation in the guard plate, instead of the diamond, and generally lighter construction. But, it shaves great.

Thanks, Anders. I think I'll look into the model paint idea.

People on this forum have had great success with gun enamel. I used black model paint. It looks and feels great, and the pain job seems to hold up well against wear and tear. Two layers seems to be the secret trick. I have to admit that it has only been a week or so since i recoated the handle and it could very well turn out disastrous in the future. However i very much doubt that. Recoating it yourself is also quite a lot cheaper than sending it to someone to have it done. I think i paid about 7 bucks and i have the equipment to do multiple operations now.

Enjoy your black handle Quink! It was my first vintage as well thanks to a fellow member. (Mine is a 67 M1) All I shave with anymore is vintage. Also have a D1 1958 Flare Tip and an I2 1963 Slim

Top Bottom