What's new

Big Thanks to ThirdEye

I don't post my restorations because I'm a little self conscious of my work but this little project will not be a hit without Ray's fancy shmancy laser beam:001_smile

A nice "concave" or "Spanish" point was cut on this J. Allen & Sons Hand Forged. Awesome shaver so cleaning it up and thought a little character will serve it well. With what was suppose to be scrap Purple Heart, I was able to cover the minor gouges on the wood with enough CA that they came out great.
I'll be hitting the blade on the wheels tomorrow and pinning it. Hopefully remember to get some pictures up.

Thank you. The pictures don't do the CA finish justice. Wasn't able to get to pin it today since I'm finishing a table today but will do it soon. The purple really came in nicely after sanding. Just have to clean the rubbing compound out and it's ready.

Also, thank you to Aquanin for the CA tutorial. This is my 3rd CA scales and getting better every time.

Finally got around to post a pick. Added an bone wedge and honed on coticule and turned out to be a pristine shaver.

That's fantastic! I'm so jealous that everyone is dishing out wonderful work like this. I don't imagine my first one to be this good but I can always hope. Congrats on a job well done.

Top Bottom