What's new

Best triple milled soap out there?

Saponificio Varesino

Amazing stuff the effort they put in each soap formula is outstanding. For the Stella Alpina they go a special permit to collect Edelweiß in the Alps for their soaps. The plant is otherwise protectet by EU law. Why? because any Alpine hicker picked one when he sees it so it is close to extinction.

Amazing stuff the effort they put in each soap formula is outstanding. For the Stella Alpina they go a special permit to collect Edelweiß in the Alps for their soaps. The plant is otherwise protectet by EU law. Why? because any Alpine hicker picked one when he sees it so it is close to extinction.
I didn't know that, that's very interesting. Their soaps really are amazing, and surprisingly not very expensive.

You think they would just grow them, would be better for them in the wild that way. I assume the permit specifies locations where they are abundant and requires a certain % is left standing. Might actually help them reestablish the flowers with financing that way.

Alpine Edelweiß that special one they use only grows between 1800m and 3000m
I think they need so little that it is not worthy to farm it somehow.
I just think that this example shows how SV aproaches soap making. Any soap does have a local theme that is reflected in one base ingredience that is used in the saponiication process

I would vote for Italian Barber What the Puck series. Easy to use, good performance, a small selection of scent (would be better if they had more) and bargain basement price. Not a front runner in anything but the quality/price ratio is really good

Enjoying razorock Aqua, had issue with it at first not lathering up Too well, the soap has taken on some moisture now and softened giving a great lather

Some that I have not seen mentioned yet:
- Provence Sante Green Tea & PS Verlqine
- Institut Karite
- Osma Traditional

My favorite is probably Pre de Provence original with the matching PdP balm. Herbaceous scent with Clary Sage, which fades away quickly. High amount of shea butter for very good post-shave feel. Very hard soap that seems to last forever.

PdP #63 is the same basic soap with a French cologne type scent. More of a special occasion soap for me, but very nice.

Is TOBS Sandalwood Herbal soap triple milled?

If so, that's the best for me/my favorite. It offers the best lather, scent, cushion, slickness, glide and post shave feel.

I have many, and have tried many (inc MWF, Haslinger, DRH, GFT, SV, Floris, Valodra, Tabac) and while they are all great soaps, not ONE of them offers (my face) all of those traits I've mentioned above. For example, MWF offers great slickness, but it dries my skin and irritates me, and Haslinger lathers like a dream, is as slick as can be, but lacks in scent and cushion).

TOBS gives me all I want.

Last edited:
Top Bottom