What's new

Best triple milled soap out there?

Looking for a great long lasting soap, at any given price, with great performance
Usually I use D.R Harris
Anything else worth trying that will be that good??

Well, pdp 63 and Tabac are 2 that come to mind. But it's a Ymmv kind of thing when it comes down to scent

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A3003 met Tapatalk

M

member 119848

Tabac would be worth trying if you haven´t yet.
...and if price doesn´t matter there´s also Martin de Candre.

Tabac or Fine (more scent options); Mitchells Wool Fat; Vintage Old Spice; As far as artisan made soap Henry et Victoria is doing triple milled soaps now in Nautilus and C&CC (sold at WCS)

Not triple milled, but a hard puck just the same, still long lasting & acts like it is, is the Haslinger soaps.

I find both PdP No. 63 (quad milled - PdP also has original scent which I've never tried) and L'Occitane Cade provide great performance. As always, the scent you prefer is personal.

Another vote for PdP, both original and 63 (thought I slightly prefer the scent of the original). Get the balm too. As great as the soap is, the balm might be even better.

D.R. Harris line is my go to, but I have been using a puck of Floris for the past three weeks and it is right up there. Both the lather and scent are great

shavefan

I’m not a fan
D.R. Harris line is my go to, but I have been using a puck of Floris for the past three weeks and it is right up there. Both the lather and scent are great

I haven't pulled the trigger on Floris soap, I keep reading mixed reviews. Love their cream though

I love my milled soaps!
I'd recommend any of these, just depends on your preferences:

SV - I have 4 and all are fantastic, MWF, Valobra, Fine Accoutrements - I have and like all 9 scents, PDP - 63 or original, Bath House - cedar/lime or fig/nutmeg, TOBS - jermyn st or lavender, Muhle sea buckthorn, Arran - Lochranza or Machire, EJ limes/pomegranate, Cade, Scottish fine soaps, Speick stick.

I don't have tabac as I was allergic to it but it's freaking awesome so I'll recommend that too!

Don't get any trumpers soaps as they don't lather.

Also avoid baume.be soap as it doesn't lather whatsoever!!

As a user of DRH hard soaps (especially the Almond), I say these are every bit as good:

Truefitt & Hill (paraffinum liquidum-free formulation)
Tabac

Harris Almond is my favorite, but I like options so I don't limit myself to triple milled. I can get just as close a shave with a Captain's Choice, Stirling and even a melt & pour like Straight Razor Designs (Opus X & West Indies Bay). Love Tabac, but it irritates my face, so it's used infrequently.

We are blessed with lots of tallow hard soaps.
Re Triple Milled, that's a difficult call, since we rarely know what soaps are indeed "triple" milled.
Having said that, D.R. Harris soap and Martin de Candre, I presume, are triple milled and are outstanding.
And, no flies on Tabac, MWF, Haslinger, Stirling, PdP, Valobra, SV, ....

Just enjoy the journey!!

soap.jpg

As a frequent user of Tabac, I have to agree with what others have posted.

RazoRock triple milled soaps are getting good reviews also. And they're CHEAP! I have not personally tried them, but I'll eventually get there.

Top Bottom