What's new

Best smelling alcohol free AS for sensitive skin?

L'Oreal Balm

Aqua Velva Ice Balm

If you like the Brut scent, then Brut Balm

AOS Sandalwood and Lavender

Old Spice used to make an alcohol-free version. I still have a couple of bottles. It's pretty good stuff. It smells a lot like the alcohol version, which I can't use because it makes my face itch a couple of hours after I put it on.

Depending on how sensitive your skin is, you might want to avoid ALL scents! This is what a dermatologist might tell you. In that case, maybe some plain old drug store brand witch hazel by itself and skip the AS.

believe me, if you have any sort of sensitive skin, you want to avoid witch hazen (thayer's included!) at all costs...

While not technically an AS, Trumper's Coral Skin food is the best thing I've ever used on my skin after a shave.

I actually use Aqua Velva Ice Blue as a splash (I actually like the alcohol and menthol), and follow it up with Skin Food after "cool down" for the very positive skin effects it has for me.

believe me, if you have any sort of sensitive skin, you want to avoid witch hazen (thayer's included!) at all costs...
Not to discount your own experience with it, but I think the number of people that are going to have a negative reaction to witch hazel in general is rather few.

The drug story variety witch hazel is often recommended by doctors as a salve for those sensitive *ahem* undercarridge areas.

I like Provance Sante Verlaine scent (green tea okay too), but the ingredient list says it has witch hazel so you may be out of luck there. It's not an all witch hazel all the time at least.

Top Bottom