What's new

Best Sandalwood Soap?

What Sandalwood soap has the nicest and longest lasting scent? Aswell as the best performer on the face?

While my experience with sandalwood soaps is not as exhaustive as others, I very much enjoy George F. Trumper's Sandalwood. The wooden bowl enhances the presentation. Lifting the lid on the morning of the shave emits a delightful sandalwood scent. While not overpowering, the scent is prominent and delightful throughout the shave. The lather is voluminous and lasting for three and four pass shaves. In the interest of promoting eloquent speech let me just say that this is good stuff!:biggrin1:

Doug

Personal Breakdown:

Really Good:

QED - Wide, dry sandalwood. Also used with great effect in the QED B&B soap.

AoS - Deep, heady, spicy but not that sweet Sandalwood. Great in the cooler weather

Still good, but not quite as good:

Mama Bear - Thinner version of QED. Similar but not quite as much "oomph."

Trumper's - My only experience was with the cream, which had an amazing scent but significant performance problems.

I keep a secret stash of QED Sandalwood and B&B so that tells you where i am coming from, so...

QED is one Ive been looking at aswell as MB's. I'm very interested in the Queen Charlotte Sandalwood but havent pulled the trigger yet! Anyone have expierience with it?

QED is by far the best smelling sandalwood soap that I've tried - a rich, dry woody, pure sandalwood. However, I'm not a huge fan of the glycerine soaps generally.

In terms of combination of scent and performance, my vote goes to AOS - nice dry sandalwood with some other elements and just a really good soap with lots of tallow in it.

Trumper soap is also quite nice and a good shaving soap, but its a very soft, creamy/powdery sandalwood, as opposed to a "pure" sandalwood.

If you do not mind Bay Rum. The Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood is nice sweet and mellow and lathers well and is very economical. Then you can follow up with the A/S which is not over powering but just as nice.

Top Bottom