What's new

Best Russian blade?

Bolzano are great. I would put them up with a feather, but get more shaves out of them. Must be that Italian standards they have.

Here mine best Russian blade in the correct order.

1. Polsilver Super Iridium
2. Gillette Silver Blue
3. Perma-Sharp Super
4. Astra Superior Platinum --> Never got around to it for a long time so finally at last using this blade last night and it was a ripper.
5. Voskhod

I've never used a Russian made blade that I actually disliked, but I had to rack my brains to list them in order of preference................

1. Ladas Super Stainless
2. Rapira Swedish Supersteel
3. Sputnik Teflon Coated
4. Sharp Star Platinum Coated
5. Astra Superior Platinum
6. Perma-Sharp Super
7. Voskhod Teflon Coated
8. Rapira Super Stainless
9. Gillette Nacet Stainless
10. Gillette Rubie Platinum
11. Rapira Chrome Stainless - bottom of the list because although I paid extra for them, thinking they were different blades, I'm 99% certain that they're just repackaged Super Stainless

This is very much a YMMV thing, but here goes:

1. Ladas Super Stainless
2. Rapira Super Stainless
3. Voskhod
4. Gillette Silver Blue
5. Astra Superior Platinum

For me, absence of burn and a nick-free shave are paramount, followed by value for money, hence this order based on my experiences.

I don´t know any bad Russian blade. If I had to choose which are the best, then it would be Voshkod, GSB, Ladas, Sputnik and Astra SS. I can´t say which one of these blades are the best, it depends on the razor.

For me the Russian blades all fall in the good-to-great range. My top 5 includes GSB and Astra SP which I rate as 'great!' :thumbup1:

Top Bottom