What's new

"Best" performing Cream?

Fitjar Island creams. You can get both creams and hard sops in the same scent. I get good results if I add some cream to my brush after I load the brush with soap.
Tobs in a tube for sensitive skin. Better then the regular Tobs in my opinion.

It is pretty clear that there is no best cream singular. Lately, I have been enjoying on AdP, Castle Forbes, LEA, and Truefitt & Hill. Now you guys are causing me to want to try the ABC cream (I have the soap) and retry Palmolive.

Alba Bottanica Very Emolient

Just decided to sing the praises of my favorite cream today so try this. It doesn't lather at all but its slick and gives me great results. Just rub it on and go. Also one application last through multiple passes for me. Cost is around 8 dollars a tube availble on Amazon and last me 6mo to a year. Avalible in several scents including unscented. Give it a try

Attachments

• alba botanica mango vanilla.jpg
    alba botanica mango vanilla.jpg
    870 KB · Views: 19
Agree, the Alba Botanica is a good product. Trader Joe's cream shave works for me also (doesn't lather but provides good "slickness"). When I run out of these I want to also try the Van Der Hagen shave butter.

I am big fan of the performance of the St. James of London shave creams, but found that even the lavender scent irritated my face. That's a nonstarter as far as I am concerned.

in tube creams I have tried
Nivea
Speick (spelling?)
Cremo
Proraso

for me Proraso or Cremo are tied both are great
the bourbon vanila cremo though is my fav scent by a mile and prefer the scents of the cremo over proraso
the speick is also a wonderful scent but is not working in the hard water I have so well ?
the Nivea was a huge let down for me

TOBS is more a croap I guess ? if you call it a cream it would win over all these :) but its in a tub of course :)

I love Taylor of Old Bond Street creams. Excellent performing, very concentrated, slick, softening properties, post-shave feel, you name it. And those scents…they are mostly super classy and cover a huge range of scent profiles.

Just had a shave with this. I usually use Trumpers… either GFT or Eucris. Also, Prorasso red or green.
This TOBS smells amazing, lathers up brilliantly. BUT…not as nice to use as Trumpers, not as slick. It’s ahead of Prorasso, so middle ground in all areas in comparison.

That smell though… 🥰😍

6CC35109-032B-4B07-8CC9-78ECF011039B.jpeg

I haven't tried their standard creams, but Proraso's Single Blade line is phenomenally good: slick, great post shave feel and the scent is terrific.

Top Bottom