What's new

"Best" performing Cream?

I imagine this sort of thread comes up every few months, but a quick search didn't turn up anything, so here it is again.

I'm looking for the very best performing cream. Scent is irrelevant, money is no object. All I'm looking for is a cream that gives the best shave possible.

Yes, I know it's all subjective, but humor me!

Easy lather, mild scents, not drying and I’m not pulling your leg! Speick cream is another one as is La Toja.
D02D4B0E-0B5E-4123-A90F-3853846E7FF2.jpeg

Of those I’ve tried—

Regardless of price:
- T&H (you pick the scent)
- St. James. (ditto)
- Knightsbridge. (ditto)

At much lower price point:
- Palmolive
- Spieck

The higher-priced creams perform at higher level (slicker, easier-to-lather, faster rinse, etc., etc.). The differences are noticeable but won’t justify the price premium for many folks.

I've been using Antica Barbieria Colla cream (with their pre-shave cream) recently and I've been very impressed.

Not sure how it measures up to other high-end Italian options others have quoted (SMN, AdP), but it whips the pants off my Taylors of Old Bond Street cream I've used in the past.

If it was readily available or shipped to Canada, I'd probably alternate between Nancy Boy Signature and Proraso Blue.

Proraso Blue wins for price point, availability, convenience (metal tube).

D.R. Harris, AoS and TOBS were all good performers for me. I don't know if any formulas have changed though.

Two that I haven’t seen mentioned that perform great are Ach Brito Lavanda and the Captain’s Choice shaving creams.

Both are readily available and inexpensive, so it’s easy to try them.

Top Bottom