What's new

"Best" performing Cream?

Baume.Be is the best performing shaving cream I’ve tried…a CAD killer for me. The cushion, slickness, and post-shave are unparalleled. As a bonus, explodes off the “puck”, lasts much longer than regular creams, smells divine, and comes in a glass jar.
I guarantee you will love it. If not, I will gladly trade you for my MdC or SV etc!
1CB96488-A917-4BDF-BDB6-63169A7A034F.jpeg

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Baume.Be is the best performing shaving cream I’ve tried…a CAD killer for me. The cushion, slickness, and post-shave are unparalleled. As a bonus, explodes off the “puck”, lasts much longer than regular creams, smells divine, and comes in a glass jar.
I guarantee you will love it. If not, I will gladly trade you for my MdC or SV etc!
View attachment 1378923
I like this cream a whole lot too. I will always have some unless they change it with the new owner. As to the new ownership, I hope they leave the cream untouched, but fix their hard soap which had lather issues.

OP here, checking back in. Many thanks for all the suggestions. I tried a new tub of St James of London this morning and had great results. "Better" than TOBS or a great soap? Can't say for sure, but the results were great. I might try some of the other creams mentioned here, but want to live with St. James for a few weeks before making a final judgement.

I love how everyone has different answers here. I'll suggest Musgo Real since money is no object and they are happy to take way too much of it. Most Portuguese creams are quite excellent performers so also check out Mogno, veleiro, antigua barbeira, lavanda, and more. Spanish creams are great performers too like La Toja or Lea, at much lower prices.

I agree with Matt. ABC cream (really a croap) is one of the best for me. Definitely not a value buy, easily twice as expensive as many other good creams.

Xpec and SMN have been exceptional for me. AdP will probably my next purchase. I've tried a sample and it's good stuff. I'm going to mention Tabac Cream. This one picked me, my skin really likes this cream and I get good shaves and good post shave from it. Many excellent creams out there enjoy your search for the best.

All do the same job, all contain palm or coconut oil, so if performance alone is the factor pick the cheapest. Florena and Palmolive come to mind.
Personally, I like different scents for different seasons, so I am willing to pay a little more for Speick cream in the winter and Proraso green in the summer.

I've used AdP v1, and it wasn't great, to say the least. On par with UFO XXX. I would have tried SMN back in the day, but heard it smelled like citronella candles, so I left it alone. I like menthol in smaller amounts. Too much kills it for me. @ask4Edge how is v3 btw? Did the scent change at all? It seems like you have experience with a lot of classics, so that's why I'm asking.

ABC Cream was great, but not much greater than some Cella Red, if I'm being honest. I have some AdP v3 sitting around, but I've yet to get to it. I loved the scent but have been sticking to winter scents since I got back into wetshaving very recently. Also, scent-wise, I Coloniali cream was my 2nd favorite (only behind AdP v1/UFO XXX and now AdP v3), but we're talking purely performance in this thread lol

I do have experience with Baume.be as well, and while mine is white/off-white and a little harder than the orange cream I've seen in pictures, it's probably my favorite cream to use so far. It's basically ez-mode for shaving. Really a great and easy to lather cream. I didn't know the brand sold. Anyone have more info on that? Google isn't giving me much. Just that the soap is being reformulated.

@xterribad, SMN v3 still has the scent of menthol/eucalyptus, but it's now somewhat tempered by the addition of the Tabacco Toscano (tobacco/vanilla/birch/amber) fragrance.
And the menthol/eucalyptus is still fairly cooling (a little bit more so than AdP v3, I'd say).

@xterribad, SMN v3 still has the scent of menthol/eucalyptus, but it's now somewhat tempered by the addition of the Tabacco Toscano (tobacco/vanilla/birch/amber) fragrance.
And the menthol/eucalyptus is still fairly cooling (a little bit more so than AdP v3, I'd say).
If it's just a bit more, that's not so bad. I'm also a big fan of Tabacco Toscano, so I may have to grab a tub at some point. How's the performance? Any better than previous iterations?

Top Bottom