What's new

"Best" performing Cream?

I'm not convinced there's a "best performing" cream at this point. I've been shaving for a very long time (since the mid-60's) and feel like I've tried everything in the shaving world. When it comes to lathering, so much depends on product/water ratio, quality of water, brush, technique, etc. In the end, I have defaulted to the creams from T&H, TOBS, and GFT with favorites in each line. At this stage, seeing as though I can't recall a bad performing cream, it comes down to scent. I was disappointed with CF scents although they are widely praised by many others. Best way to find what's best performing for someone is to get samples or tubes rather than larger quantity jars.

What are your favorite scents for T&H, TOBS, and GFT, @CCS?

I ask because if your favorites for T&H and TOBS align with mine, I could be tempted to buy my first tub of GFT :).
Currently (after having tried samples):
TOBS Sandalwood
GFT Coconut
T&H Lime, Rose, Almond, Trafalgar, Grafton, and 1805

T&H 1805 is a nice place to end up.

I agree - great performance and scent. My tub is almost empty. A number of guys have said that the T&H Ultimate Comfort is even better. I will probably give the UC a go for my next try. I am also developing a liking for simple scents like straight up lavender.

I agree - great performance and scent. My tub is almost empty. A number of guys have said that the T&H Ultimate Comfort is even better. I will probably give the UC a go for my next try. I am also developing a liking for simple scents like straight up lavender.
I tried UC but came back to 1805. For straight up lavender I like Castle Forbes. Another top performer.

A fun part of this hobby is trying out lots of new stuff to see what you like best. Many vendors sell sample packs. And if any specific brand looks interesting to you, many of them sell sample packs of their scents. Then you can confidently invest in a tub of your favorite brand and scent.

CO Bigelow this morning (which is the Proraso Green) and it's a fine shave cream.
I saw it for $10 a tube, I know Proraso makes it. Does is smell the same as the Proraso Green? I do not care for that scent, I really like the white as a stand alone. But I do like the green and blue mixed a lot as it cuts the blue’s musk scent and masks the “baby fresh” scent of the green.

Fitjar Island creams. You can get both creams and hard sops in the same scent. I get good results if I add some cream to my brush after I load the brush with soap.
Tobs in a tube for sensitive skin. Better then the regular Tobs in my opinion.
Late to this thread but have to second Fitjar Island creams. Not often spoken about but quality. They perform fabulously well for me. And I keep samples for travel. One can get all four scents as a sample set and I recommend trying it.

Reactions: JPO
Top Bottom