What's new

Bespoke shoe making?

I mam considering making myself a pair of shoes. Has anyone made shoes before? There is virtually zero info on the web about it! If anyone here has any information on the topic it would be very helpful.

I sure appreciate the response. I am considering making my own shoes. Youtube has some great videos but I was curious if anyone on this forum had any personal experience. Maybe one day I will learn how to google things. What is this google you speak of, beehiveblack?

Anyone wanting to make a pair of shoes for themselves must be passionate and enthusiastic about footwear - we applaud you!
If you visit our blog http://Carreducker.blogspot.co.uk you can find out how it is done in England by hand....or come on one of our courses! Good luck and happy shoemaking. Deborah

Thanks Madameshoe. I read many pages of your blog and that's what inspired me to ask over here if anyone had done it! Do you have any information on how to find the correct fitting last for my foot? Getting leather and other tools seems to be a bit easier than an appropriately fitted last.

Anyone wanting to make a pair of shoes for themselves must be passionate and enthusiastic about footwear - we applaud you!
If you visit our blog http://Carreducker.blogspot.co.uk you can find out how it is done in England by hand....or come on one of our courses! Good luck and happy shoemaking. Deborah

The thought just occoured to me... If you have time to make shoes in your down-time, perhaps you could apprentice with a local cobbler?
Just to get your feet wet, so-to-speak.

Sounds interesting and also a real challenge to take on.

Just wondered how its going? Did you receive the lasts?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
You can find out how it is done.

I have interest to make shoes and also researched on this that how much time it will take and how much does it really cost to make shoes. I hope that you like the video, I really did.
You realize this is a 10 year old thread....
1657190304939.jpeg

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I'm guessing he has most of the needed supplies by now and is out searching for his long lost gumption.

Top Bottom