What's new

Being Clean Shaven

Same.

Work with some dangerous chemicals.

It is included in my contract if employment that I must be clean shaven.

However I tend to let it grow on my rest days.

Would probably have a beard if I could.
Hi,

And that would work for a professional firefighter with known shifts. Us volunteers wind up heading out any time of any day to any thing. So, shaving daily is a necessary chore. And, then we have B&B so the chore isn't so much of a chore! :)

Stan

I take one or two days off a week from shaving, but most days (especially work days) I shave my face and head. One of my buddies at work does the stubble thing and it looks good on him. I prefer the feeling of smoooooooth.

If you don't care what women think about you, they will care about you doesn't matter if you have stubbles or not. I think most women don't care.

TBH most guys who have a small beard grow it because they hate shaving or can't afford the expensive Gillette cartridges. I used to be one of those guys before I discovered DE shaving.

Going out in public with a few days growth doesn't look good on everyone. I personally think totally unshaven is disgusting especially around the neck and will give off signs to others that hygiene is unimportant. Stubble is perfectly OK as long as it's kept in check and it should compliment your style.

My wife likes me to shave, as frequently as is healthy. That's kind of the end of the story for me.

My facial hair pattern is a little odd too so I'd have to probably shave something every other day or more often anyway.
Hi,

Clean shaven = probable continued living. Whiskers = certain death.

It's just that simple. For firefighters. And some other occupations.

That SCBA mask can't seal on whiskers and toxic gases get in and you die. Of course, there are other things to kill you in this business and so the 'probable continued living' part....

Stan

My favorite guide to facial hair styles anywhere was put out by the CDC, meant as a guide to compatibility with masks and respirators:

As for the original question, my wife likes me to shave as frequently as is healthy, so that's sort of the end of the discussion for me. My facial hair is also not really amenable to full beard styles anyway, so I'd have to shave something every day or two anyway.

I've always enjoyed being clean shaven. I just don't like having facial hair, it gets uncomfortable and needs to be maintained, and I just dont think I can pull off facial hair well, so I stick to being clean shaven.

I guess having a beard of some sort is whats in vogue these days but as with everything else, I go with whatever I like best and am comfortable with. Never was one who conformed to whatever fashion trends are popular at the time.

Top Bottom