What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
190FC2AC-7C77-42C4-A938-74C5D19E23F9.jpeg

Don't know why, but that glass keeps grabbing my attention....
I really did it, grab a couple!
It does feel different holding a stem while drinking a beer, but that’s obviously to avoid having your body heat warm up the beer. And the shape does make for a great pour even without trying. I see them for sale at more and more breweries nowadays.

I really did it, grab a couple!
It does feel different holding a stem while drinking a beer, but that’s obviously to avoid having your body heat warm up the beer. And the shape does make for a great pour even without trying. I see them for sale at more and more breweries nowadays.
Realized I had a typo here, that was meant to be that I really *dig it...

In the meantime, starting off tonight with one of these from Modern Times.
87E89CE8-6D12-4087-9620-A5661C442191.jpeg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Sorry for the sideways pic, I’m to lame to fix it.

Most of these were crap. The German beer was obviously the best. Followed by the Einstok, then the Miller Lite, then the Harpoon IPA, and Harpoon Boston Creme. Everything else — BLEH!

93C4D533-9163-4BE9-8856-C62B8D1B092A.jpeg

Most of these were crap. The German beer was obviously the best. Followed by the Einstok, then the Miller Lite, then the Harpoon IPA, and Harpoon Boston Creme. Everything else — BLEH!

While they appear to have been crap, I can't blame you for wanting to try the Hershey's Yuengling and the Moon Pie beer. I've been tempted to buy the Yuengling, and have never heard of the moon pie.

View attachment 1181205
I had a couple of those Harpoon Dublin’ series beers recently and was unfortunately a little underwhelmed too. The Boston Creme was interesting but I was hoping for a little bit more flavor.

Saison Dupont in a Ball mason jar.

I stumbled upon an internet article in which the six American Saisons were blind tested with Saison Dupont. Happily, one of my favorites was rated right behind Saison Dupont. Might be all marketing, but I need to get another six of Boulevard Brewing's Tank 7! I have never had Ommegang Hennepin, but it made the list, too.

Tu Perrito está ladrando session IPA from Falling Piano Brewings out of Mexico City. Very crisp with just the right amount of hops.
EBFFF49F-2859-428D-9BDA-E86895B67013.jpeg

20201112_202720.jpg

Nice lacing. A bit like Tank 7, but the bar has been raised pretty high with the Founder's gold I've been trying lately, so this one's almost mediocre.

4AB3F16E-D4AB-47E6-9354-93D23772A432.jpeg

Had one at Giordano’s in Chicago last summer because I wanted something light so it would be all about the deep dish. And it was light. And meh. Ordered another tonight before seafood for the same reason, and it is still meh.

20201113_183251.jpg

This one was rich and slightly sweet. An evening of fine dining, combined with spelunking! Pretty dark in there; notice the couple in the background using their phones in flashlight mode to read the menus. Good food and beer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom