What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bad case of afternoon boredom had me wandering the aisles of Total Wine. A lot of Untitled Art; much to my mystification. I was beginning to feel a little dejected, when I saw this:
20201024_095043.jpg

Described as a dessert beer, it's a stout with raspberry and chocolate. I was a little reluctant to purchase this; was expecting an overly artificial flavor profile, like a chocolate covered cherry. Ink black on the pour, I was surprised at how much I liked it! Kind of sweet, I don't think it's for everyone, but if you're a fan of Founder's, give it a shot.

Xocoveza is on the shelves again, Rick.

Last night I also sampled Bière from Jolly pumpkin artisan ales. It is a farmhouse/Saison, but a little too much tang for my liking.

Here's one for you to consider...
20201104_130857.jpg

A variant of the KBS series, my almost pathological obsession with anything chocolate drew me to this. In my opinion, the best I've had from Founder's barrel aged stout stuff. Rich chocolate notes with a nice maple lead ( I usually don't like anything maple!). A warning: pricey! Almost $7 a bottle. Leaves a nice, warming sensation in your chest. I'm getting more.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
View attachment 1178451
A coworker of mine is retiring tomorrow. I put together this "pick six." I think his plans are to move to Mexico; I'll give him this as a send off and a warning to not take a part time job as a mule for any cartels....

Guys, if you like Founder's, check out their latest stuff, I'm serious.

I’ll retire tomorrow too if you send that to me

An afternoon of gathering this:
20201107_155301.jpg

20 bags of tightly packed, mulched leaves, deserves this:
20201107_154900.jpg

I knew you fellows would understand; not so the wife...
Psssst... try that Maple Mackinac Fudge from Founder's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom