What's new

Beard Balm

Awesome, let me know how it works. I think I'll do something similar this weekend when I have a little time. I have some Clubman wax, some essential oil that a friend uses for his beard, and a Tea Tree Oil mixture that I think I'll experiment with.

Ended up making myself a batch and so far it seems to be working pretty well. The ratio of oils to waxes favors the oils quite heavily so it gives good conditioning and moisturizing properties but doesn't offer much in the way of hold. I could simply change the ratio if I was after more hold, but what I was aiming for was something that was in solid form at room temp and then quickly converted when rubbed in the hands.

I didn't put any essential oils in mine, just added some fragrance oil...well because I like things that smell nice.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Time for my first dumb question of,the year (yeah, i know, there are no dumb questions, only dumb people who,ask questions)
What is beard balm for?

Time for my first dumb question of,the year (yeah, i know, there are no dumb questions, only dumb people who,ask questions)
What is beard balm for?

It's to condition and soften the whiskers of the beard, while also conditioning the underlying skin as well, so it doesn't get irritated. I also helps get the hairs into place and keeps the beard shiny, healthy, and just generally looking well kept.

It's to condition and soften the whiskers of the beard, while also conditioning the underlying skin as well, so it doesn't get irritated. I also helps get the hairs into place and keeps the beard shiny, healthy, and just generally looking well kept.

This.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Thanks, Dustin. Kind of what I thought. Probably not for me as I usually keep my beard trimmed fairly short.

Thanks, Dustin. Kind of what I thought. Probably not for me as I usually keep my beard trimmed fairly short.

Happy to help. I keep mine short as well, and I use a little bit of the beard oil in it daily instead of the balm. I comb in a drop or two after drying off from the shower and it's good to go.

Happy to help. I keep mine short as well, and I use a little bit of the beard oil in it daily instead of the balm. I comb in a drop or two after drying off from the shower and it's good to go.

Applied to the tines of the comb and combed in works best just as one member taught me...I can't seen to remember his name...:w00t:

Applied to the tines of the comb and combed in works best just as one member taught me...I can't seen to remember his name...:w00t:

lol I happened upon that method by accident. I was running late and didn't want the oil on my hands to have to wash off and it just sort of hit me to put the drop in the tines of the comb and work it in that way.

I am loving using. BURTS BEE beeswax lip balm it has the following ; Cocnut oil, bees wax , almond oil, peppermint oil, vitamin E, lanolin, comfrey root and rosemary. It works great on my goatee.

Top Bottom