What's new

Beard Balm

I'm thinking of trimming the goatee short for a time, letting it all grow back in evened out. I may pick up a tub of balm to try/use during that, instead of the oil. Prolly after holiday spending has dropped off...

I am about to pick up some oil and use both! :w00t:

lol So where are you ordering your products from?

I am getting the oil from BG(link below). These guys are pricey, but they have dialed in the fragrance of their beard balm. I was sent a sample of their oil, very nice when used in combination with their beard balm or the beard balm from Detroit. Looks like you could probably whip up a homemade beard oil inexpensively, but I am not that creative or ambitious.

http://www.brooklyngrooming.com/collections/beard

https://www.beardbalm.us

I am getting the oil from BG(link below). These guys are pricey, but they have dialed in the fragrance of their beard balm. I was sent a sample of their oil, very nice when used in combination with their beard balm or the beard balm from Detroit. Looks like you could probably whip up a homemade beard oil inexpensively, but I am not that creative or ambitious.

http://www.brooklyngrooming.com/collections/beard

https://www.beardbalm.us

OK, yeah, a little too pricey for my pocket for oil. lol

I'll keep the links handy for the balm though, as well as check around for other offerings.

OK, yeah, a little too pricey for my pocket for oil. lol

I'll keep the links handy for the balm though, as well as check around for other offerings.

There are quite a few choices these days. Seems like a bit of an uptick of these offerings. Shop around.

There are quite a few choices these days. Seems like a bit of an uptick of these offerings. Shop around.

I'm seeing this just from a fast amazon check. nice :)

So, on the beard oil, I started applying it differently. I have a pretty fine toothed beard comb (different than the Kent mustache comb), that came with the beard trimmer. I've started applying the three drops to the comb, so it hangs out in the tines, then just combing the beard. Seems to really work well to distribute the oils nice and evenly through, and no mess on the hands.

So, on the beard oil, I started applying it differently. I have a pretty fine toothed beard comb (different than the Kent mustache comb), that came with the beard trimmer. I've started applying the three drops to the comb, so it hangs out in the tines, then just combing the beard. Seems to really work well to distribute the oils nice and evenly through, and no mess on the hands.

I must try this method. Thanks a million.

This method works famously.

Has anyone mixed some oil and wax to simulate the balm effect? My main goal is just to control the flyaways on the circle beard. I don't like the feeling of the wax, and I don't think the oil does much, so it makes sense that something in the middle would be ideal.

Has anyone mixed some oil and wax to simulate the balm effect? My main goal is just to control the flyaways on the circle beard. I don't like the feeling of the wax, and I don't think the oil does much, so it makes sense that something in the middle would be ideal.

I just made a few experimental batches of beard balm last night for my father in law and brother in law. Combination of a few oils, main one being coconut, and a couple varieties of wax to help "stabilize" it a little bit. They're the guinea pigs at this point, I didn't even make myself a batch....only had containers enough for them! Curious to see how it works for them.

My father in law is a "natural beard" Santa, and the process that he goes through to color his hair bright white is pretty brutal on the hair and it gets dried out pretty bad so I'm hoping the balm I made will help out.

I just made a few experimental batches of beard balm last night for my father in law and brother in law. Combination of a few oils, main one being coconut, and a couple varieties of wax to help "stabilize" it a little bit. They're the guinea pigs at this point, I didn't even make myself a batch....only had containers enough for them! Curious to see how it works for them.

My father in law is a "natural beard" Santa, and the process that he goes through to color his hair bright white is pretty brutal on the hair and it gets dried out pretty bad so I'm hoping the balm I made will help out.

Awesome, let me know how it works. I think I'll do something similar this weekend when I have a little time. I have some Clubman wax, some essential oil that a friend uses for his beard, and a Tea Tree Oil mixture that I think I'll experiment with.

I make my own beard balm. My recipe has 100% yellow beeswax, raw shea butter, jojoba and sweet almond oil. I also add my own blend of essential oils to get the smell and healing properties I'm after. Love the stuff. I usually grow a beard during the winter months and couldn't imagine not having my balm after month 2 and beyond. Really helps my skin and hair stay healthy and acts as a nice natural pomade to hold my beard in place. I also make my own beard oil using Jojoba and sweet almond oil along with a blend of essential oils. I use my balm when I need staying power and my oil when it's a casual day at home or wherever.

My wife got me a beard kit from Front Porch on Etsy and I really like the balm! It's the first balm I've used but I'm already a fan. It seems to turn into oil as I work it into my beard, but i can feel that it is slightly thicker than oil. I don't notice any "holding" power, but I also don't have a long enough beard to shape anyway. But I am happy with the Front Porch products, so give them a look if you get a chance.

My wife got me a beard kit from Front Porch on Etsy and I really like the balm! It's the first balm I've used but I'm already a fan. It seems to turn into oil as I work it into my beard, but i can feel that it is slightly thicker than oil. I don't notice any "holding" power, but I also don't have a long enough beard to shape anyway. But I am happy with the Front Porch products, so give them a look if you get a chance.

You bet.

Haven't had the time to make the trip to Detroit to pick up some Beard Balm and check out the workshop. I did pick up a run on Amazon though. I like it better than the Mountain Man brand I was using, but prefer the scent of the Mountain Man.

Top Bottom