What's new

Batman shaves with a Gillette cart... Loses a fan!

Just watched the new Justice League movie in the theatres yesterday and today. There's nothing in it that would make me watch 2 hrs of Zack Snyder's superhero-sized existential crisis documentary, so why did I watch it twice? Because of one scene where Bruce Wayne uses a dang cartridge razor!

It passed so fast, I couldn't make out what brand he used, but I watched it twice just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. But there, in one of those few shots in the movie which is actually clear as day, Bruce really does use a cartridge razor. And considering that they have a tie-up with this movie, I'm guessing it's a Gillette.

bruce.PNG

Why would you do this to me DC? Bruce is the old guy in the line-up, so I figured if anyone was going to use a DE razor, it'd be him! Diana would dig it, considering that's how men of her day probably did it! The animated series had it right when they showed him using a DE razor

wayne_shave.PNG

Its one thing if you show millennials like the Flash or Superman shaving with carts, but why Bruce Wayne? Come to think of it, how does Superman shave his indestructible whiskers? Thinking more, does he have to bite off his nails instead of clipping them? That disgusting, Man of Steel! Anyway, that's taking me off topic...

Seems like I'll have to contend myself with the idea that Alfred is probably the only one in that bunch who still shaves like a gentleman! And that makes me sadder than anything Zack Snyder could have come up with!

Rant, over...

Last edited by a moderator:
In a world where all things are relative, I'd be relatively unimpressed by a superhero wielding a "safety" razor.

I would be impressed. I'm with MostaccioMan. Carts seem silly to me now (sorry), and I have a grudge of sorts against Gillette. Missed opportunity for Snyder & Affleck.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Fantastic photo. Cart shave myth. No cream and BBS smooth without even shaving. Lol.

I saw the movie on Thursday night. It is some sort of Gillette Fusion. When I saw it I knew immediately that it was a tie in. Kinda like the Audi's in the Marvel movies.

I saw the movie on Thursday night. It is some sort of Gillette Fusion. When I saw it I knew immediately that it was a tie in. Kinda like the Audi's in the Marvel movies.
Actually, I think Mercedes have the same deal with WB. Bruce Wayne's car was a Merc, and there's another one in the scene where WW and the Cyborg guy are talking.
And in an unrelated continuation of my rant, both photos show him shaving with his left hand. I would have appreciated the attention to detail if they'd had the same razor!

Just watched the new Justice League movie in the theatres yesterday and today. There's nothing in it that would make me watch 2 hrs of Zack Snyder's superhero-sized existential crisis documentary, so why did I watch it twice? Because of one scene where Bruce Wayne uses a f***ing cartridge razor!

It passed so fast, I couldn't make out what brand he used, but I watched it twice just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. But there, in one of those few shots in the movie which is actually clear as day, Bruce really does use a cartridge razor. And considering that they have a tie-up with this movie, I'm guessing it's a Gillette.

View attachment 839032

Why would you do this to me DC? Bruce is the old guy in the line-up, so I figured if anyone was going to use a DE razor, it'd be him! Diana would dig it, considering that's how men of her day probably did it! The animated series had it right when they showed him using a DE razor

View attachment 839033

Its one thing if you show millennials like the Flash or Superman shaving with carts, but why Bruce Wayne? Come to think of it, how does Superman shave his indestructible whiskers? Thinking more, does he have to bite off his nails instead of clipping them? That disgusting, Man of Steel! Anyway, that's taking me off topic...

Seems like I'll have to contend myself with the idea that Alfred is probably the only one in that bunch who still shaves like a gentleman! And that makes me sadder than anything Zack Snyder could have come up with!

Rant, over...
That's probably his 5th pass to get that close.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I've never understood why they showed shaving scenes in the first place. Especially one where it's only 10 seconds and it's just a dude shaving. Why?

Bruce Wayne shaves with a cartridge. Batman clearly doesn’t shave in these movies. I wanna know what Alfred shaves with. Gotta be a straight with some super high end British soap/cream

Oh that's just Ben affleck pretending how cool it would be if he was Bruce Wayne / Batman. It'd never happen.

Long live Adam West!

Top Bottom