What's new

Barbasol Pacific Rush is getting popular

I went to DG to pick up some BPR this afternoon, and they were out. None on the shelf, none in the store. They had plenty of the Brisk, which I have been wanting to try, so I grabbed a bottle of it. This is the first time I have never seen any, so apparently, it is getting more popular. I think it beats AV hands down, and is the best of the inexpensive menthol AS. I guess, I'll have to bite the bullet and pay more for it at Food Lion.

I agree about the Brisk. I picked up a bottle of each at the DG last week and, to my taste, the Brisk wins hands down.

The Pacific Rush aroma lasts about 10 seconds and seems to vanish as soon as it hits my face, whereas the Brisk hangs around a lot longer. Plus it is a more pleasant smell, not so sweet smelling.

If I can ever figure out how to get the atomizer out of a bottle of Gucci that SWMBO gave me, I am going to pour out the Pacific Rush and replace it with the Gucci

As always YMMV.

I agree about the Brisk. I picked up a bottle of each at the DG last week and, to my taste, the Brisk wins hands down.

The Pacific Rush aroma lasts about 10 seconds and seems to vanish as soon as it hits my face, whereas the Brisk hangs around a lot longer. Plus it is a more pleasant smell, not so sweet smelling.

If I can ever figure out how to get the atomizer out of a bottle of Gucci that SWMBO gave me, I am going to pour out the Pacific Rush and replace it with the Gucci

As always YMMV.

I like the PR for the fact that the scent doesn't last long, so it makes a nice work day splash, and the cooling effect last far longer than the scent, which is also nice int he Summer months. Of course with Autumn coming on, the menthol splash will be getting a rest anyhow.

I went to DG to pick up some BPR this afternoon, and they were out. None on the shelf, none in the store. They had plenty of the Brisk, which I have been wanting to try, so I grabbed a bottle of it. This is the first time I have never seen any, so apparently, it is getting more popular. I think it beats AV hands down, and is the best of the inexpensive menthol AS. I guess, I'll have to bite the bullet and pay more for it at Food Lion.

Same thing in my area :001_huh: Two of the stores near me are out of stock. I will have to hit a couple of the stores in some of the small towns when I'm traveling next week.

Same thing in my area :001_huh: Two of the stores near me are out of stock. I will have to hit a couple of the stores in some of the small towns when I'm traveling next week.

Strange. I hope this only means it is popular and the stock has been exhausted. Run in circles! Panic, panic, panic!!!!

I ended up buy BPR at Food Lion, instead of trying to hunt down a DG for one item. Anyhow, FL only had 3 bottles on the shelf; I snagged two and left the other. Apparently, it isn't just DG having trouble keeping it on the shelf. And as the case at DG with the Brisk, FL also had plenty on the shelf.

I was in Food Lion today and they had about six bottles of each. I bought one of each and SWMBO and I both liked the Brisk best.

I'm still up in the air on the Brisk. Can't decided if I like it or not. I will say this about it: it seems to have even more menthol than the PR...it is down right chilling. Brrrr...

I was in Food Lion today and they had about six bottles of each. I bought one of each and SWMBO and I both liked the Brisk best.

Glad you found at least one of the two that you really like!

Unfortunately, I can't handle the scent. I like the Brisk, though.

Sorry to here that. They make great workday splashes.

Top Bottom