What's new

Balm recommendations

Any good balm recommendations that are unscented with high quality ingredients. I have looked on amazon and google but wanted to ask my brothers here. Thanks guys!

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I like Clinique Moisturizer for Men. A little goes a long way, so the initial price is somewhat mitigated by the experience.

Castle Forbes makes nice balms, but I'm not sure any are unscented. They require an incredibly small (2-3 drops) amount of product. The problem I had was that if I used just a bit too much my face felt a bit oily hours later (also evidenced on my cell phone).

Cerave seems like a good, inexpensive moisturizer, but I found it required more rubbing in than I like after a shave.

Zingari Man but the scents are too good to pass up. Fabulous face feel afterwards and for the rest of the day.

I like Clinique Moisturizer for Men. A little goes a long way, so the initial price is somewhat mitigated by the experience.

Castle Forbes makes nice balms, but I'm not sure any are unscented. They require an incredibly small (2-3 drops) amount of product. The problem I had was that if I used just a bit too much my face felt a bit oily hours later (also evidenced on my cell phone).

Cerave seems like a good, inexpensive moisturizer, but I found it required more rubbing in than I like after a shave.
I agree 100% with musicman--Clinique Moisturizer for Men. Have been using this for awhile. A little goes a long way, so the initial cost of $15 or so is liveable. My Nivea unscented balm bottle now sits in the rear of the cabinet, all forgotten. I have used it for hand lotion at times though. Doubt if the Nivea will ever touch my face again.

My new favourite is LEA balm. It's not scent free but has a very mild, fresh clean soap smell. It's an excellent balm and very calming when I've ever over-shaved an area, usually my neck. Great value for money too.

Sent from my POT-LX1T using Tapatalk

Neutrogena Triple Protect has no scent. DR Harris Arlington Aftershave Milk has a mild scent. Both are good.

Don't use anything on my face, don't need it. Use Black Tie Razor Unscented Aftershave Balm on my arms. They're a huge mess from decades of exposure and neglect.

I like Baxter of California post shave balm. It is almost gel-like and it absorbs quickly. It does have a slight scent, but it doesn't last long.

two ideas. one, Santa Maria Novella aftershave balm is outstanding!
Also, I have used Institut Karite shea butter cream as aftershave balm, also excellent!!

santa maria novella russa truefitt hill henckels october 18 2014.jpg

martin de candre thiers issard ems institut karite l'occitane baux november 18 2015.jpg

Nivea sensitive is talked about a lot. I like it. Not sure what "scent" it is, but it does not have much if any.

Brickell aftershave balm. They have scented and unscented versions. Expensive, but a little bit goes a long way and it's a great product.

Another vote for Zingari Man balms. The Sego (tallow) balm is a little heavier than the normal balms. Both come in unscented and the regular line comes in scented as well.

Any good balm recommendations that are unscented with high quality ingredients. I have looked on amazon and google but wanted to ask my brothers here. Thanks guys!
If unscented is the main criteria then there are limited choices. I have spent years searching for unscented aftershaves. So many ASBs that are promoted as unscented do have a scent. Here is my assessment: Stirling Naked and Smooth ASB is a great unscented balm and completely scent free. Henri et Victoria also makes a completely scent free balm and it is wonderful. Soap Commander Integrity ASB is unscented, but it contains menthol, so technically it does have a scent. Truefitt and Hill makes a top quality ASB that has a very mild lavender scent, but it is marketed as unscented. A very fine product. Midnight and Two makes an unscented ASB and it is a good product. And Simpsons makes an unscented ASB that is also very good. There may be others, but I haven't found them yet.

Top Bottom