What's new

Badger & Blade Gentlemen

Yep, I have only really encountered one out and out troll in the few months I've been aboard, but that is relatively unheard of considering I was part of the My Les Paul Forum for a very long time LOL..

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yep, I have only really encountered one out and out troll in the few months I've been aboard, but that is relatively unheard of considering I was part of the My Les Paul Forum for a very long time LOL..
Are you implying that I live under a bridge?

Are you implying that I live under a bridge?

Only if you're a Michigan guy! :D (which technically I'm a troll myself)

Naw, this place is great..I won a blade PIF my first month in, have had a couple of awesome deals with some really great guys, no complaints here..

FarmerTan

Only if you're a Michigan guy! :D (which technically I'm a troll myself)

Naw, this place is great..I won a blade PIF my first month in, have had a couple of awesome deals with some really great guys, no complaints here..
I live between Flint and Saginaw, so I was born a troll. I have a licence to be a jerk, but my lovely "War Department" forces me to play nice.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I'm okay with folks having chips on their shoulders, as long as their shirt is clean and they brought some of this to go with it ...
View attachment 917618

Why am I suddenly hungry for a snack?

Real men keep their shoulders free of chips and other detritus, so they are available for more important things ...

proxy.php

Okay, you Michigan guys, you know there are only two significant questions worth asking:

1. Flint style coney or Detroit style?
2. Is that for here, or to go?

most internet forums when I've had a question, at least one reply will be mean spirited. On B&B there's very little of that (I won't say nonexistent, but minuscule compared the internet in general). In other words, there are very few trolls here at B&B. I believe the mods have a lot to do with this, so thanks to you fine fellows.

Big thanks to the moderators, can't be an easy job. But at least the pay is great! This is a special forum, haven't had this kind of experience elsewhere.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I am a member of other forums where people seem to have huge chips on their shoulders & rip each other apart for no reason..

That reminded me of something a woman in Alabama I once knew told me;

"When yur slingin' dirt, yur losin' ground."

More people should be so wise.

Last edited:
Its just nice to be part of a forum full of top guys that can put their egos aside for the greater good & always willing to help others. My main hobby is keeping Australian venomous snakes (please no killing snake comments) & unfortunately the class of people involved in that hobby is pretty bad with alot often being show offs & hero types which is what I was was referring to when I made this post. I have literally left all the forums to do with snakes because of the rubbish that continuously goes on. It then made me realise how fantastic this place is & all the great members we have. I agree with the above comments..a big thank you to the mods of this forum from me also:)

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Not a fan of snakes but that is what I like about this forum. Through the love of shaving it brings us all together and we can learn more about each others hobbies and past times that show us things in a different light. I have followed some threads here and thought "what are you on about", then jumped on Google and learnt something that I did not know or thought different about. I know that you have to be careful what you read on Google but it is knowledge and it is great to learn something new everyday.

FarmerTan

Flint style then. Had two Koegels tonight, one with ketchup, the other with mustard. No chilli, no onions. My gall bladder thanked me, but my taste buds are still mad.

Apologies for hijacking the thread!

The real deal from Flint includes a dry sauce made of ground beef heart, plus diced white onions and yellow mustard. Never catsup. The hot dog must be Koegel, the bun steamed.

Detroit uses a wet sauce, no beans.

See Wikipedia, coney island hot dogs for details.

In Michigan folks argue 'bout this stuff...and Mustangs vs Camaros.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

Top Bottom