What's new

Badger and Blade Ink ..... update post 382***

You are all very evil people. I have never used a Fountain Pen in my life. Never really even gave them a thought.......So what did I do??? I just ordered the pen and ink. I am sure I have just started down the path to another AD.

Thank you, Brian.....you really are to blame for this. You do know that right?:cursing:

You have started down a long and very slippery slope Scott!

If thats what is going to be the determination ... they had better get ready to order another case to sent just to you !!!!!!

Whoot...! got me a new pen and I can't wait to see the ink. I always figured that signing cheques with a good pen takes some of the pain out of the process...

Order update for tonight. In the first day we sold 61 bottles of ink and 15 pens. Fantastic job gents. This is a great start for the Sue Moore fund.

A great cause, just ordered a couple of bottles.

Must remember not to store this stuff with my shaving kit! Using it as an AS could have some very interesting results!!

Cheers

A great cause, just ordered a couple of bottles.

Must remember not to store this stuff with my shaving kit! Using it as an AS could have some very interesting results!!

Cheers

It only leaves a 5 O'Clock shadow look. That would have to come off with your next BBS...

You are all very evil people. I have never used a Fountain Pen in my life. Never really even gave them a thought.......So what did I do??? I just ordered the pen and ink. I am sure I have just started down the path to another AD.

Thank you, Brian.....you really are to blame for this. You do know that right?:cursing:

Who do you think got me started? Brian is quite the FP enabler.

Are there any threads in the NIB to help educate fountain pen newbies? To give advice about their pros/cons for everyday writing, why anyone would want to use one over a modern day pen, or just the basics of how to use? I remember trying to use a fountain pen as a young child and making a big mess - ink blotches all over the paper where the letters were meant to be, ink leaking through the page, stained hands, etc. It was traumatic enough that I never wanted to use another fountain pen again. :crying: But I am always interested in a group buy.

I saw some of the ink reviews which gave info about the drying time, but it was unclear if a fountain pen was appropriate for if writing in a bound notebook or taking causal/short notes.

I use a fountain pen at work, and don't have a problem.

I would make the following suggestions:

1) Get a bottle of ink for work to keep at your desk, in case you ever need to refill. I suggest a dark blue or black ink for that purpose. Cost $8.50
2) A 10 pack of Hero 616's for around $15 shipped to keep in the desk in case of emergency.

As a first pen, there are a lot of good choices. It depends on what you want to spend to get started. You can snag a very nice Jinhao X450 model for under $10 shipped, and a bottle of Noodler's for $12.50, or you could get one of the 4.5 ounce bottles of Noodler's that come with an eyedropper pen for around $18.50. Kung Te-cheng is such an ink, and there is a small writing sample in the 5 O'Clock Shadow review.

Top Bottom