What's new

B&M Leviathan and Nocturne!

That's where I ordered mine from today. Ordered at 10am, shipped at 11:23am. I really can't complain about that.

I may have to do this in the future. The only negative thing with B&M is that they have a hard time processing and shipping the orders out quickly. Can't wait for Leviathan!

I may have to do this in the future. The only negative thing with B&M is that they have a hard time processing and shipping the orders out quickly. Can't wait for Leviathan!

B&M has a smaller staff, but from what I have read they are expanding. Personally I like to purchase directly from the source when I can regardless of the waiting time.

Mine shows up tomorrow. I hated paying $7 shipping for one soap, and was severely tempted to order multiples.

I also chose to go with Maggard's because they also still have Lavanille in stock and I really wanted to try that. They were out of Catie's Bubbles Ocean Grove, so I was a little bummed. Oh well! I spent slightly less than I was anticipating.

Maggard's has 10% off now, code SEP10. Just picked up Lavanille, maggard's fougere and London barbershop plus a bunch of aftershaves to get free shipping.

Got both, and now the quandary - what the heck kind of aftershave/cologne goes with Leviathan? I can't even begin to describe the fragrance; a very faint note of Christmas bayberry is the beginning, but a very complex scent, with musky, woody undertones. Right now I'm thinking sandalwood for a start, but appreciate anyone with any ideas

Got both, and now the quandary - what the heck kind of aftershave/cologne goes with Leviathan? I can't even begin to describe the fragrance; a very faint note of Christmas bayberry is the beginning, but a very complex scent, with musky, woody undertones. Right now I'm thinking sandalwood for a start, but appreciate anyone with any ideas

I'm with you on this one. Something leathery and musky. It's a fantastic soap. I love the performance. So great.

Will has said elsewhere that Leviathan is like Chanel Cuir de Russie, and was inspired by MPG Santal Noble. Might check out their composition on Basenotes and/or Fragrantica to see if you can find something close. (Both of these are a wee bit pricey and do not have matching aftershaves.)

Sniffed the Leviathan soap courtesy of Tailoredfancam. It is the first soap that I have every nearly thrown across the room to get the scent away from me. Very heavy cigar smoke/musky scent. Had to do some heavy inhaling of the B&M Fooogeer Imperiale to get the smell out of my nose.

Beware.

I've heard great things about Nocturne, but I'm still waiting on both of them to arrive. Been looking around for "Fall'ish" scents and both sound like they fit the bill, interested in seeing what the general consensus is on them though?

Sniffed the Leviathan soap courtesy of Tailoredfancam. It is the first soap that I have every nearly thrown across the room to get the scent away from me. Very heavy cigar smoke/musky scent. Had to do some heavy inhaling of the B&M Fooogeer Imperiale to get the smell out of my nose.

Beware.
Crap!
Hopefully this is a YMMV....

Top Bottom