What's new

B&B Radio Poll #2 - How OCD? do you pair Soap, AS, Fragrance for your SOTD?

How OCD are you? Do you pair your shave soaps, AS and fragrance for your SOTD?

• Yes - always

• No

• Sometimes

• I just wing it each day

Results are only viewable after voting.
B&B Radio Poll #2

How OCD are you in your shave routine?
Do you pair all your shave soaps with aftershave, fragrances, Talc?
Do you have a set rotation and spreadsheet?
or do you just wing it?

Please vote in the poll above, comment below and we will discuss on the next episode of B&B Radio. You comments may be read on air.

Thanks for participating!

My choices are based on my mood. My soaps and AS selection rarely have any correlation to each other. It is something I may explore later on but not a must have for me.

Maybe once I round out my favorites and trim it down to 3 products I truly enjoy, I may consider going down this route.

I answered yes but in all actuality it is about 95% of the time! There is nothing better than a fully matched shave! I am also more likely to buy your soap if you have a matching aftershave. There are some soaps though that don't have matching aftershaves, so I do my best to match it myself, but I always want the scents to work together.

I like to lay out a week. Certain creams or soaps just go better with certain aftershaves, so I pair up a good match and use it all week. Sometimes on the weekend I'll go the soap route (I'm cream 95% of the time), and for those I usually use the better aftershaves or vintage, slow 'er down a bit and enjoy my shave a bit longer, as the week is usually pretty rushed.

I did vote for always. I don't always pair exact fragrances, but they have to go well together, at least in my mind and to my nose. And when in doubt...CLUBMAN!

Unless I am being influenced by the crowd or using a new item I tend to wing it in terms of what I use each day but as for pairing up the scents I match what I can. Matching isn't as clear a concept in MY den as one might hope and mistakes tend to happen occasionally. I finally own several soap/AS combo's (The Fine line-up, the SV line-up and a few odd other matches) but until recently it was a more eclectic mix of soaps and random AS's. Since most soaps don't have a scent that lingers long enough to matter, I never really thought picking the right after shave splash mattered much. More recently I have returned to using my old colognes and some new ones, trying to match aftershaves and colognes can result in some serious problems. Even mixing two of the wrong aftershaves thinking you are being creative can lead to a news story about unexplained odors in your neighborhood.

I would ask my wife for help matching everything but then she would know about how much I really have.

I answered yes but in all actuality it is about 95% of the time! There is nothing better than a fully matched shave! I am also more likely to buy your soap if you have a matching aftershave. There are some soaps though that don't have matching aftershaves, so I do my best to match it myself, but I always want the scents to work together.

I like to lay out a week. Certain creams or soaps just go better with certain aftershaves, so I pair up a good match and use it all week. Sometimes on the weekend I'll go the soap route (I'm cream 95% of the time), and for those I usually use the better aftershaves or vintage, slow 'er down a bit and enjoy my shave a bit longer, as the week is usually pretty rushed.

I did vote for always. I don't always pair exact fragrances, but they have to go well together, at least in my mind and to my nose. And when in doubt...CLUBMAN!

Unless I am being influenced by the crowd or using a new item I tend to wing it in terms of what I use each day but as for pairing up the scents I match what I can. Matching isn't as clear a concept in MY den as one might hope and mistakes tend to happen occasionally. I finally own several soap/AS combo's (The Fine line-up, the SV line-up and a few odd other matches) but until recently it was a more eclectic mix of soaps and random AS's. Since most soaps don't have a scent that lingers long enough to matter, I never really thought picking the right after shave splash mattered much. More recently I have returned to using my old colognes and some new ones, trying to match aftershaves and colognes can result in some serious problems. Even mixing two of the wrong aftershaves thinking you are being creative can lead to a news story about unexplained odors in your neighborhood.

I would ask my wife for help matching everything but then she would know about how much I really have.

Great Stuff so far Gents! Thank you

I have a limited number of after shaves: Osage Rub, AV, Clubman, and DR Harris Sandalwood. Hence, no pairing for me.

Probably 95 percent of the time I use the same cream, Bigelo, so it's usually just a matter of aftershave selection.

Completely in agreement. :thumbup1:

I rarely plan anything as far as shaving goes. When I get ready to take a shower, I decide on what razor, blade, brush, soap, and aftershave to use at that time!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Back when I was shaving.....Last year sometime.....I would just grab whatever I felt like. Didn't pair anything or look for anything specific.

Soap and AS aromas aren't meant to last, so I don't worry too much about the cologne matching, though sometimes I match them for the heck of it.

I have been matching more lately as I get more into EdT, cologne and parfume (not just a woman thing). More likely choosing matching or complimentary aftershaves with the body scent. Currently I only have one direct match of soap & AS - Stirling's Executive Man. I will be picking up the Fine L'Orange Noir soap and AS to go with Terre d' Hermes parfume.

I use Endurance by SC and Stirling Spice with Old Spice/Vi-Jon Spice/Avon Spicy or Citrus Musk. I guess I am trending to trying to match more now. If I do not have a soap match I may choose a mild smelling soap like MWF or Haslinger Schmaflitch to pair with a fragrance I will be wearing. I recently put together a Fine Snakebite clone and use it for this reason as the menthol/peppermint smell does not last long.

Sent via Tapatalk from phone

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't... If I'm using a soap that actually has a matching AS then yes, if not then I'll grab an AS at random =)

Top Bottom