What's new

Avon Products

My mother sells Avon, so I have used Avon A/S for as long as ive been shaving. I was just curious as to if anyone else uses an Avon a/s, or has any gripes about them, or whether the stuff is any good.

I use the Wild Country scent...only because thats what my mother had extra last time I went over.

Coda,

My mother was an Avon saleswoman. I expect I am considerably older than you, and my aftershave experiences reach back into the 1960s. I almost remember several aftershaves which were really colognes. I thought they were competitive with the other scents of the day for boys and men. My favorite came in a boot-shaped bottle, and smelled like leather.

I like their balms. Their Wild Country balm is good stuff at a cheap price. The Black Suede balm is nice too - the Black Suede balm and cologne make a nice cheap set that you can wear to the office without making anyone gag or run for an open window.

do you use the splash or balm? IMO they're great quality for the price, and the wild country is a classic scent :thumbup1:

I use the balm. I dont know ive never seen an Avon splash a/e. I havnt really looked though.

Coda,

My mother was an Avon saleswoman. I expect I am considerably older than you, and my aftershave experiences reach back into the 1960s. I almost remember several aftershaves which were really colognes. I thought they were competitive with the other scents of the day for boys and men. My favorite came in a boot-shaped bottle, and smelled like leather.

They have all kinds of products, even an line endorsed by Derek Jeter (Im a philles fan though :tongue:)...and yes, Im sure you are a bit older than me...I'm 23.

I use the balm. I dont know ive never seen an Avon splash a/e. I havnt really looked though.

They make Wild Country, and Black Suede as traditional aftershave splashes.

I have two bottles of the Wild Country aftershave splash, which to my nose smell a lot like Canoe, and Clubman. I just ordered Wild Country Cologne, and Deodorant, so I will likely start using that fragrance soon.

They make Wild Country, and Black Suede as traditional aftershave splashes.

I have two bottles of the Wild Country aftershave splash, which to my nose smell a lot like Canoe, and Clubman. I just ordered Wild Country Cologne, and Deodorant, so I will likely start using that fragrance soon.

I didnt know that. I have the balm and the cologne. Figure I might as well match them up.

My wife bought me some Avon Ironman after shave "conditioner" which is a thin cream (or thick lotion). It moisturizes and has a mild scent. The price is low and most likely the quality isn't up to the more expensive men's moisturizers I've tried such as Nivea and L'Oreal.

Here is the link for the Black Suede Aftershave Splash:

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=1155

My wife bought me some Avon Ironman after shave "conditioner" which is a thin cream (or thick lotion). It moisturizes and has a mild scent. The price is low and most likely the quality isn't up to the more expensive men's moisturizers I've tried such as Nivea and L'Oreal.

The current ad campaign has the Aftershave Balms on sale for $1.99 each.

I lucked out and found full botles of Avon A/S at a local flea market, Wild Country, Spicy, Windjammer, Tai Winds, Oland, and Pure Sport-75 cents each.

I lucked out and found full botles of Avon A/S at a local flea market, Wild Country, Spicy, Windjammer, Tai Winds, Oland, and Pure Sport-75 cents each.

Never tried the Avon AS, but used the colognes, back in the day ie... 70's, My top two were OLAND & WILD COUNTRY, just E- Bayed some WC EDC & JET HOMME EDC (Fig based & NICE:tongue_sm), but couldn't find the OLAND, MAN :cursing: guess I'll look again.

Thats a nifty little bottle, and I love the packaging...you dont see that kind of stuff nowadays.

+1, I joined the Sabbatical New Years Eve, listed an exception for Perry Ellis Original (signature) Anniversary Edition, ordered right after pledging... Wished I'd known about this before, MAN IT'S TEMPTING:cryin:, Just twelve short months
:mad2: :sod: HELP:w00t:

I really like *vintage* Wild Country AS. The newer stuff is nice too (I have the whole set -- AS, EDT, balm), but the vintage is nicer.

I have been using this vintage, 1981:tongue_sm, bottle of Avon Bay Rum After Shave and I love it.
The scent is phenomenal; it has a nice burn but is still very soothing.

proxy.php

Top Bottom