What's new

Austin, TX

Hey guys, it was great to meet you all and check out how much more interesting stuff you all have as compared to my den. :biggrin1: I hope we'll get to do that again sometime relatively soon.

As far as the SMN situation goes, well...what can you expect from Marines...? :lol:

Hey guys, it was great to meet you all and check out how much more interesting stuff you all have as compared to my den. :biggrin1: I hope we'll get to do that again sometime relatively soon.

As far as the SMN situation goes, well...what can you expect from Marines...? :lol:

Ouch! If it was intentional I would have told you I was taking it :001_tt2:

I know this is a pretty old thread, but I found Thayer's Original Witch Hazel with Aloe at HEB on 41st and Red River in the health food section.

Hey, there, guys. Hubbard76, Sullybob and I are planning to meet for lunch around 11am on Saturday, Feb 26th.

We have not nailed down the location yet, but offal has been suggested.

Suggestions are welcome as are ALL OF YOU! Please come and join us!

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
H-E-B grocery stores - common grocery store chain found all over Central Texas;.

I wish we had them in North Central Texas- every time I visit the Hill Country I end up in an HEB. Just got into wet shaving (so I can't speak to that), but their food variety is AWESOME. I live in a major metropolitan area (DFW), and our grocery stores don't have half the product a typical HEB does.

Just came back from Austin yesterday. I stumbled upon four ounce Thayer's witch hazel with aloe for seven dollars at Whole Foods Market. It was in the shopping center at 183 and Great Texas Highway (unsure if that is the exact name). The perfect size to try out the product. After using it once, I will go buy the super sized version online.

Heading to Austin for a few days tomorrow and was wondering who carries AoS and T&H products in town now? Any other places I should check out? We're going to be staying downtown, FWIW.

Thanks....

You're welcome. If you are going to be downtown you should probably check out Enchante. Charles has a great selection of wet shaving supplies and a nice selection of fragrances. Be warned though, Charles can talk a lot, he is very passionate about wet shaving.

Charles IS wetshaving. :001_tt2:

Plan for at least an hour in Enchante. He validates parking sometimes, too.

Attachments

• $004329_24.jpg
    $004329_24.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 40
Couple of updates RE: Austin and Santa Maria Novella.

Gardens on 35 is officially closed awaiting re-opening with new owners. No idea what they might carry. Verbena also no longer stocks SMN products.

However, if you are interested in SMN, my wife just called me on her cell from the Domain. Atelier 1105 carries the full line of SMN frags and she just picked me up a tub of their shaving cream. :woot: So, at least there is one place to get their products now if you want to roll B&M style.

Nordstrom and Sephora also carry AoS. Finley's is it for T&H in Austin. Other places used to carry their stuff, but no longer do.

Does Nordstrom carry the full AOS line? Last time I was there all they carried was the cream and a couple of brushes.

I'll have to check out Atelier.

Does Nordstrom carry the full AOS line? Last time I was there all they carried was the cream and a couple of brushes.

I'll have to check out Atelier.

Nordstrom carries everything except for the scented soaps (sandalwood, lemon, lavender). They have all of the pre-shave oils, all of the creams, all of the aftershave balms, and the unscented soap (with and without the wooden bowl). This is as of about a week ago. I went in looking for the lavender soap and came out with the lavender cream :/ They do have 1-2 brushes, but of course they don't have the straights. AFAIK you can only get those online or at an AoS store.

Now awhile back, I bought the rose cream "for my wife" :wink:, but I don't know if they have that anymore as it has been discontinued.

Top Bottom