What's new

Austin, TX

Enchante (CAR's store) - One American Center, 600 Congress Ave, Suite G210, Austin, TX 78701
check out his website for available products

H-E-B grocery stores - common grocery store chain found all over Central Texas; Decent DE blades (can't remember brand but good for at least 3 shaves & very cheap), Palmolive shave cream, Wilkinson Sword shave soap, King of Shaves products, Pinaud Clubman aftershave, talc, styptic, & mustache wax. No high end products, but good enough to get you by.

CVS Pharmacy - located ALL OVER central Texas, Dallas, Arlington, & Fort Worth; Palmolive shave cream, Wilkinson Sword shave soap, King of Shaves products, Pinaud Clubman aftershave, talc, styptic, & mustache wax. No high end products, but good enough to get you by.

Don't forget Nordstroms - Art of Shaving & Truefitt and Hill products.

Also Heroes and Legacies - AOS & T&H

Kyle said:
H-E-B grocery stores - common grocery store chain found all over Central Texas; Decent DE blades (can't remember brand but good for at least 3 shaves & very cheap), Palmolive shave cream, Wilkinson Sword shave soap, King of Shaves products, Pinaud Clubman aftershave, talc, styptic, & mustache wax. No high end products, but good enough to get you by.
My HEB's also have Surrey brushes and glycerin soap (roughly equivalent to Col. Conk).
Austin said:
Don't forget Nordstroms - Art of Shaving & Truefitt and Hill products.
Also Heroes and Legacies - AOS & T&H
Where is Nordstroms in Austin? And is H&L the place next to Saks?

Dang...sometimes I miss that city. :blush: (Except for the roads :scared: )

--Mark

There are three C&E locations in and around Austin.

Barton Creek Square
2901 S Capital Of Texas Highway
Austin, TX 78746

Highland Mall
6001 Airport Blvd
Suite 1420
Austin, TX 78752

Round Rock Premium Outlets
4401 North I H-35
Space 741
Round Rock, TX 78664

I got some KMF shave cream from my local HEB, in the natural products section...this particular one (in the Hancock Center) carried the Lavender, Lime, and Unscented.

Sabia
1100 South First St.
Austin, TX 78704

Proraso products (green, pre/post shave - no more red)
AOS product line
Kiehls shaving products
Edwin Jagger shaving brushes

Anywhere in Austin to get decent blades (Feathers/Derby's) that is not Enchante? Just looking for alt options without having to drive (and park) downtown.

at the heb on 620 and anderson mill i found some toms of main mint and another sent i forget, the blades there are personna, the soaps are vdh glycerin and select, the vdh bore brush with the green handle. the cvs on 620 and el salido has williams, clubman, the vdh delux brush or whatever they call the one with the silverish handle. i dont remember the brand of the blades but the package says cvs and they want $5 for 10 so i wont be trying them. the same with the blades at wallgreens, though the wallgreens on anderson mill and 620 has pinuad bay rum. it has the vdh glycerin and select as well. the walmart on lakecreek and 620 has vdh delux. pipeworld on anderson lane by the alamo draft house has col. conk soaps, a few razors, casswell massey products. theres a building on lamar that everything from amazingshaving.com gets shipped from. i went to buy a razor in person and when i called they said they were "pick up only" i havent tried to pick anything up there but thats where their store front is, or so the person on the phone claimed. bath and body works in lakeline has co bigelow. and so far thats all ive found. sorry if its rambled i was typing as i thought of them. oh yea whole foods on 360 by gateway has a lot of products i remember burts bees, kmf and toms of main though its cheaper at heb, and alot of other stuff, and central market on lamar has a lot as well but i havent been there in forever so im not going to bs anybody.

i just got back from heros and legacies in the arboretum on 183 and 360 has some dovos and they carry the art of shaving. they have creams, soaps, brushes, as balms, they had alot more but i didnt expect any shaving products so i didnt budget and i had to leave before i lost it.

Any reason to go to Austin is a good reason. (I miss Chuy's margaritas, chips and salsa).

Dang, I didn't know about the C&E at the outlets. I was in Round Rock last weekend (went to the Antique mall and bought an unused ball end Tech in box).

DL

Gardens over on 35th st (directly east of MoPac on the north side of the street) carries several items from the Santa Maria Novella line. When I was there last, they had around 10 fragrances, as well as some of their skin care line. Unfortunately, they don't carry any of their shaving products. :frown:

Gardens is a small place with a very eclectic and constantly changing inventory. They carry everything from Botot toothpaste to Puerh tea to traditional calligraphy materials. They carry some Savon de Marseilles soaps, as well as several other European boutique soaps and skin care products. The proprietors spend much of their time traveling the globe, and if they find a product they like (say, a particular soap from a small soapmaker in Provence, some Murano glassware, or cowhide chairs from Argentina) they'll buy up whatever they can. It's nice because you might find an amazing product you've never seen before, but the downside is when it's gone, it's gone. A great place to find gifts, and definitely worth checking out!

Austin,

Do you know if either of those stores will let you sample the colognes? I was interested in the Sandalwood, but since it is so expensive I really need to try it first.

Austin,

Do you know if either of those stores will let you sample the colognes? I was interested in the Sandalwood, but since it is so expensive I really need to try it first.

Last time I was in their shop, they did not have samples but had a few testers. I would call and make sure they have Sandalo in stock.

A new place opened in Lakeway, its called Finley's barber shop. They do straight razor shaves. Its supposed to be a place just for men, kind of an old time barber shop.

So, who is going to take one for the team and go get a shave? Its $20 according to the web site.

My father moved to Austin a couple years ago, and I'll be going out to visit him for the first time in March. I can't wait to check out some of the places listed!

Finleys carries Truefitt and Hill products, according to their web site.
I am pretty sure I am going to stop by there this weekend and get a hair cut. I let you know how complete of a selection they have.

Heroes & Legacies no longer carries Truefitt & Hill, only Art of Shaving, and I didn't care for any of AOS' scents.

They said they have been getting a lot of requests for T&H though and may start carrying Almond and 1805 again. I used some 1805 this morning, smells pretty good. Didn't care for the almond.

Top Bottom