What's new

AUGUST 2017 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
August has arrived and we're heading toward Fall, but the Scores do not care.

They are always out there awaiting discovery.

Yes, time does seem to fly but no matter the month, the season, or the weather, there is always something to be found. And you can mark it as yours.

When you find it, let us know.

We all want to see and think ... I'm need one of THOSE....

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Vintage Old Spice gift sets with a soap on a rope

IMG_0950.JPG
IMG_0951.JPG
IMG_0954.JPG

August starts off with brushes. One is a custom handle carved out of Purple Heart that I have been calling the Plum. It is set with a 26mm two band badger with a 53mm loft. The second one is an Elite Razor faux horn handle with a 26mm Manchurian White knot that has a 50mm loft. And the one on the right needs no introduction.

DSCN1326[1].JPG

So far august has been a good month, here are a few of the things that have come in , still have a few items inbound.
Also got a blade order in today of 100 Gillette Nacets and 100 Voskhods, forgot to take a pic of them.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

August starts off with brushes. One is a custom handle carved out of Purple Heart that I have been calling the Plum. It is set with a 26mm two band badger with a 53mm loft. The second one is an Elite Razor faux horn handle with a 26mm Manchurian White knot that has a 50mm loft. And the one on the right needs no introduction.

View attachment 809628

I really like the Plum but I adore the Elite Razor brush. Great scores all!!!

So far august has been a good month, here are a few of the things that have come in , still have a few items inbound.
Also got a blade order in today of 100 Gillette Nacets and 100 Voskhods, forgot to take a pic of them.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Nice, Chris, nice.

too late for july so it's a july/august score
IMG_0078.JPG IMG_0087.JPG IMG_0088.JPG type O.jpg type O back.jpg
july:
antica barberia cream
cella rapid
rolls 1953 razor
rolls 1948 spare blade with is bakélite box
acca kappa 1869 shave cream & soaps
august:
gillette travel
60 personna ptfe blades
schick eversharp pocket razor
NOS schick type O (more pictures when i receive it)

Most of my August acquisitions so far:
IMG_9148.JPG

An Old spice mug, full of DE razors, 12 straights including a 15/16 and a pair of Wilkinson Pall Malls. Corn razor, several brushes, one is a butterscotch Rooney bristle and badger. Welsh slate stones and an unknown slate. Avon Bravo Pot Belly Stove. Not pictured is an NOS Tiger Shark pasted strop and an English horsehide strop.

Thanks Ron. I used the Elite today and it is amazing. The Manchurian White hair is as good as it gets and that long handle is a pleasure to hold while lathering.

I have a couple of long handles and I really like how comfortable they are both in lathering and when painting my face.

Most of my August acquisitions so far:
View attachment 810196
An Old spice mug, full of DE razors, 12 straights including a 15/16 and a pair of Wilkinson Pall Malls. Corn razor, several brushes, one is a butterscotch Rooney bristle and badger. Welsh slate stones and an unknown slate. Avon Bravo Pot Belly Stove. Not pictured is an NOS Tiger Shark pasted strop and an English horsehide strop.

That is soooooo cool!!

Interesting things in the mail the past couple of days. Would have been more, but couple of things are taking longer and so will post another later this week. PAA Alpha Ecliptic Slant with a box too unusual to throw away, and two Luke Pinion razor handles in aluminum and copper. He is on eBay and so remember the name. Very simple, good quality, and inexpensive handles. Thanks @Komboloi for telling me about him.
DSC01722.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom