What's new

AUGUST 2017 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I went to the Lone Ranger parade in downtown Oxford, MI and picked up a soap from a local artisan: Sassy-Anne's Drunken Pirate Silk Shaving Soap. I came home and received a package from Bullgoose containing an Asylum Shave Works Evolution Stainless Steel Black Oxide Razor. I waited for the razor to arrive so I could shave with it. Honestly, the soap did not lather very well and I would not recommend it. I hope they improve the performance since they are located very close to me. On the other hand, the Evolution razor worked well - even with using the disappointing soap. There were some imperfections in the black oxide finish, that I think should not have been there, but that aside, I was very pleased and happy with the first shave.
Steve

IMG_6467.jpg

IMG_6469.jpg

IMG_6475.jpg

IMG_6476.jpg

Great scores so far guys!

I had some good luck at the flea market today.
IMG_20170806_090242[1].jpg

Stanford Blade Sharpener, 3 different Durham Duplexes, 2 prewar Techs, Fatboy, Segal, Barbasol, Century brush and stand, G-bar, 2 1912s, Schick Stick.

Great scores so far guys!

I had some good luck at the flea market today.
View attachment 810547
Stanford Blade Sharpener, 3 different Durham Duplexes, 2 prewar Techs, Fatboy, Segal, Barbasol, Century brush and stand, G-bar, 2 1912s, Schick Stick.

What an awesome score. Congrats! I'm really envious of the Barbasol razor, and isn't the Schick Stick fun? So 1970s.

What an awesome score. Congrats! I'm really envious of the Barbasol razor, and isn't the Schick Stick fun? So 1970s.
Thanks! I'm pretty excited about the Barbasol too. I'm soaking it now pretty, rough looking but I hope it cleans up OK, seems solid enough and the threads feel good, anyway. The Schick Stick is probably too long of a handle for my taste, but they do look so cool I'll have to try it out anyway. It's also my first Segal so I really want to try it out too I love the way they open.
IMG_20170806_101705[1].jpg

IMG_20170806_101725[1].jpg

Interesting things in the mail the past couple of days. Would have been more, but couple of things are taking longer and so will post another later this week. PAA Alpha Ecliptic Slant with a box too unusual to throw away, and two Luke Pinion razor handles in aluminum and copper. He is on eBay and so remember the name. Very simple, good quality, and inexpensive handles. Thanks @Komboloi for telling me about him.
View attachment 810454

Excellent scores!!

Today I went to the Lone Ranger parade in downtown Oxford, MI and picked up a soap from a local artisan: Sassy-Anne's Drunken Pirate Silk Shaving Soap. I came home and received a package from Bullgoose containing an Asylum Shave Works Evolution Stainless Steel Black Oxide Razor. I waited for the razor to arrive so I could shave with it. Honestly, the soap did not lather very well and I would not recommend it. I hope they improve the performance since they are located very close to me. On the other hand, the Evolution razor worked well - even with using the disappointing soap. There were some imperfections in the black oxide finish, that I think should not have been there, but that aside, I was very pleased and happy with the first shave.
Steve

View attachment 810458
View attachment 810459
View attachment 810460
View attachment 810462

Too bad about the soap, Steve. Yes indeed that razor looks mighty handsome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom