What's new

ATT S2, and the new wet shaver

Just shaved with the S1 Monday night and the S2 this afternoon. I found the S1 to be super smooth and efficient. I also liked the blade's audio feedback, really loud! Got a great shave.

The S2 was a bit more efficient, but it also irritated my skin in some trouble areas. It's lack of audio feedback had me wondering if I was shaving at the correct angle. Whereas I had no issue finding the correct angle immediately with the S1. It was also a great shave but I couldn't do the touch ups I like because of sensitivity.

I'm going to keep testing between the two, but I definitely prefer both of these to my M1.

Also, as another twist, I'm going to send the one I like the most to get a cerakote finish as my Jürgen handle is polished and the head is a more matted finish. I'd like each to look the same.

That is awesome! I like that idea of cerakote. I may try this as well, as I decided to put a short Ikon travel handle on the ATT head. I wonder how well the finish will hold up? I'm sure it'll be pretty good.

I had a shave with it this morning with the small handle, and it seemed to be more forgiving and better balanced for me than the Colossus handle. Maybe the weight difference?

Thanks for the comments on the S1 as compared to the S2.

Shave four with the Astra SP in the ATT S2 with the Ikon short handle. Pretty sweet shave. Very close and smooth. At the near end of BBS and the far end of DFS. The third shave with these Astras was a real BBS, no irritation at all. Probably the best shave to date for me.

I did have just a slight tinge of irritation on this go, but I believe it was due to experimenting with a little too sparse use of TOBS.

Still learning...

Hey Heavies
It appears the S1 is a bit more tolerant of blade angle than the S2. I am sure if you try going as shallow as possible with the blade angle, and your hand pressure is not too much, the shave will smooth out quite a bit.

Good luck, and congrats on your ATT hardware. It's a great time to be a wet shaver! Enjoy your shaves...

Hey Heavies
It appears the S1 is a bit more tolerant of blade angle than the S2. I am sure if you try going as shallow as possible with the blade angle, and your hand pressure is not too much, the shave will smooth out quite a bit.

Good luck, and congrats on your ATT hardware. It's a great time to be a wet shaver! Enjoy your shaves...

Thank you for the advice! S1 plate is on the way; can't wait to compare the two.

New sample blade tonight. Kai blade. Very sharp. As sharp as, maybe sharper than Feather. Seems to be smoother though. Very very close in 2 passes. A little too agressive I am thinking for the S2. I'll give it a far shake then decide.

So far Astra SP is my favorite in the S2. After the Kai I'll try out the GSBs.

Gave the Kai another go, but a little too aggressive for me. Just at the verge of irritation, but very very close shave. Maybe on those speacial occasions.

Popped in a GSB. Not feeling the smoothness with this blade. Gave a nice shave, but not as good a feeling as the others.

Next up will be the Voskhod.

Voskhod and the S2 = Awesome! .I am going to have to have a shave off between Astra and Vosk to decide which one to bulk up on, also still waiting on the S1 plate to compare. .Fun times!

Top Bottom