What's new

ATT Copper

Copper caps still available in the ATT 'Returns' section.
May be your last chance to make a complete copper razor.

For me ATT razors are great looking and better shavers than Timeless. With Timeless razors blade feel is like zero and in fact causes irritation..funny but true.

I have to say that ATT copper is one of the best looking razors i have ever seen and use. But my issue with the razor was the weight. It was way too heavy for my taste so i sold it.

It’s nice to be pretty, even for a tool like a razor. But function is way more important.

With that in mind, my opinion is that ATT is a treasure for the wet shaving community. The consistent quality of their products and business practice is exemplary.

Not to mention that, as ultra high quality slant DEs, ATT’s S1 and S2 are in a very small and elite category. My S1 is still my desert island razor.

I love the patina that forms on copper, brass, and bronze razors. I was disappointed when I found out ATT actually has the copper Windsor coated to stifle the natural process. I reached out to them and was told a good soaking in acetone would remove the protective coating. My very patina’d copper Windsor H razor is among my favorite shavers.

In my opinion ATT razors on par with high end razors, and great value for money. The ATT copper Windsor is one of the best in my small collection. As they are readily available, there is virtually no secondary market. Thanks FloridaCreekIndian for the tip! I will try to remove the coating.

I love the patina that forms on copper, brass, and bronze razors. I was disappointed when I found out ATT actually has the copper Windsor coated to stifle the natural process. I reached out to them and was told a good soaking in acetone would remove the protective coating. My very patina’d copper Windsor H razor is among my favorite shavers.

Dear @FloridaCreekIndian,
Could you please share the photos of your copper Windsor H?
I love the patina that forms on copper, too.
In ATT website, the copper cap is not available.

I think ATT is a very fine razor. I have the r1 plate. You do need to practise the angle to get it right, but when you do, it gives a very close shave with 2 passes plus touch up. No irritation, nicks etc, just lovely skin. It would suit those with sensitive skin.
Since reading these forums, it saddens me that brands get out of fashion.
It is a very well engineered razor. The bottom plate just falls into place with perfect alignment EVERY time.

I think ATT is a very fine razor. I have the r1 plate. You do need to practise the angle to get it right, but when you do, it gives a very close shave with 2 passes plus touch up. No irritation, nicks etc, just lovely skin. It would suit those with sensitive skin.
Since reading these forums, it saddens me that brands get out of fashion.
It is a very well engineered razor. The bottom plate just falls into place with perfect alignment EVERY time.
I'm serious: If they do something as simple as put a notch on the bottom side of the base plate, it will make the razors look so much nicer. I appreciate it is entirely superficial, but when there is so much choice out there, you have to compete on multiple fronts. And IMO, ATT razors look well made but a bit boring.

I'm serious: If they do something as simple as put a notch on the bottom side of the base plate, it will make the razors look so much nicer. ATT razors look well made but a bit boring.

What kind of notch are you talking about. I have no idea what you mean.

Here is a picture of my top cap from about two weeks ago. This is not a forced patina. I use the razor a few times a month, wash it off in water, it takes a quick dip in 99% alcohol, and goes into the stand.

I am glad to have removed the coating from the razor so it can “live” and “breath”! Lol

Attachments

• 0EB2C11E-E56A-4964-B18C-8570569C986E.jpeg
    0EB2C11E-E56A-4964-B18C-8570569C986E.jpeg
    402.3 KB · Views: 42
Here is a picture of my top cap from about two weeks ago. This is not a forced patina. I use the razor a few times a month, wash it off in water, it takes a quick dip in 99% alcohol, and goes into the stand.

I am glad to have removed the coating from the razor so it can “live” and “breath”! Lol
Hmm, not for me. Too splotchy looking. But I like the nice even patina that I've seen on brass.

When I was first introduced to wet shaving ATT came to my attention. I could not figure out what the heck an r plate was compared to a h plate and could find no explanation on their web page and moved on. I even reached out to Stan and he said he'd put something up to guide new people but I never saw it. Super nice guy.

When I was first introduced to wet shaving ATT came to my attention. I could not figure out what the heck an r plate was compared to a h plate and could find no explanation on their web page and moved on. I even reached out to Stan and he said he'd put something up to guide new people but I never saw it. Super nice guy.
Same for me. I've looked through their website a few times and was confused. There is nothing explaining the different head levels. With that said, I'm sure with research I really could have figured it out. But not being super interested, I moved on. I may have made a purchase with more direct information.

Top Bottom