What's new

Astra superior platinum changed?!?

The tracking number of the Astra blades that I bought from Aliexpress is now working, but it's says that they were send from Turkey. I saw some people in the reviews saying that these blades might be sold for the Turkish market or perhaps made in Turkey, but who knows?
Where do you live? US?

They used to be sold almost everywhere 3 + years ago and suddenly they disappeared but some people were still selling them online in our local ''ebay'' like websites and then almost 2 years later, the blades were gone from there as well. I can't believe that these blades were sold for around 30 cents per pack of 5 blades and now they are gone. Some people back then thought that since Polsilver blades are so common and sold everywhere unlike most other Russian blades such as - Gillette Silver Blue, Nacets, Astras or others, that Polsilvers are inferior to them and probably some of the worst blades out there. They were so common and not many people cared about them until they read how people from Western Europe and America would do anything to get their hands on them. I managed to grab 1000 blades in the last moment. I paid around 75$ for them and if I got them earlier, I would have paid even less than that.

They used to be sold almost everywhere 3 + years ago and suddenly they disappeared but some people were still selling them online in our local ''ebay'' like websites and then almost 2 years later, the blades were gone from there as well. I can't believe that these blades were sold for around 30 cents per pack of 5 blades and now they are gone. Some people back then thought that since Polsilver blades are so common and sold everywhere unlike most other Russian blades such as - Gillette Silver Blue, Nacets, Astras or others, that Polsilvers are inferior to them and probably some of the worst blades out there. They were so common and not many people cared about them until they read how people from Western Europe and America would do anything to get their hands on them. I managed to grab 1000 blades in the last moment. I paid around 75$ for them and if I got them earlier, I would have paid even less than that.
Nice.
I found some wizamet super iridium that are SUPPOSED to be the same. The 5 pack I had did feel the same and look identical. Supposedly made on same machine in russia too.

I think the older Wizamet blades which use the same package as the current ones are a bit different than these and the Polsivers, but the current ones are most likely the same as the Polsilvers and even the print is absolutely the same. Some of the people that have tried both blades claim that they are indeed the same while others say that the Wizamets shave better than Polsilvers. I wish I had some to compare them. Maybe I can ask in the forum about an exchange 10 Polsivers for 10 Wizamets or something like that.

The tracking number of the Astra blades that I bought from Aliexpress is now working, but it's says that they were send from Turkey. I saw some people in the reviews saying that these blades might be sold for the Turkish market or perhaps made in Turkey, but who knows?

There are Astra packages with Turkish writing on them

They're all made in russia
Astra now owns by P&G (gillette) and I believe made in same russian factory.
I noticed the new date codes on the tucks of blades on the astra and sure enough they're on my new 7 o'clock yellows and the king C Gillette blades I got with the razor.
Most likely out of same factory

In case you guys never see this, back when I got all my astra's there was a time when they changed the blade packages.
Left is old with paper outer cover and wax inner. Middle is old just wax paper then on the right is the new ones.
Got lucky to pull out one with just the wax. Didn't want to open a bunch. Dug deep and got lucky lol
IMG_20200923_083430.jpg

Yeah, that makes sense. I was confused, because some people claim that some Astra blades are/were made in Turkey while they were just imported rather than manufactured.

Yeah, that makes sense. I was confused, because some people claim that some Astra blades are/were made in Turkey while they were just imported rather than manufactured.
My old packages say made by ZAO petersburg products intl. In st. Petersburg russia.
New package writing alot smaller.
Say made in russia petersburg product intl with same address in russia 196140.
New says building 54
Old says shasse 54.
Name of company may have changed but it's the same place.

I'd just shaved (2) with my 56 superspeed and the shave was better I was thinking about ordering these but knowing they changed I must have got a old stock from what I won on here in a pif

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I'd just shaved (2) with my 56 superspeed and the shave was better I was thinking about ordering these but knowing they changed I must have got a old stock from what I won on here in a pif

From what I found, all blades shave better after the first shave.
So I'll "cork" them or "strop" them in the inside of my arm.
I'm guessing it's the coating that wear and make the blades cut better in subsequent shaves.

From what I found, all blades shave better after the first shave.
So I'll "cork" them or "strop" them in the inside of my arm.
I'm guessing it's the coating that wear and make the blades cut better in subsequent shaves.
Has the new blades changed from the old is what I'm asking sorry and yes I know of that I should cork mine

I saw this thread, and specifically @stoof2010 post about the three different Astra SP blades. I'm so glad I ran into it, as I was baffled about the different wrappers.

I hadn't used the really old one. However, I have a stock of the clear wax laser etched blades. These work quite well for me.

I recently got some of the newest (2021) printed blades. I thought they were the originals, because they were print it again, but that was wrong. After using two of these newest blades, it felt like they weren't as smooth as the laser etched. I'm curious if anyone knows if anything has changed in the blade itself. I've heard about the originals suppossedly being thicker... I'm only wondering about the different between the etched and the newest (2018 vs 2021)? I very well could have just got a few bum blades... And I hope so, as I have close to 600 of these. Lol.

Top Bottom