What's new

Astra superior platinum changed?!?

So when I read on these forums that astra went to etching with laster instead of printing I wanted to get the new blades since all I have is 2014ish astra SP
On the left is the ones I just got in. Says ©️ gillette still printed astra on blade.
On the right is my older stock seems to have same address of production and I have 2 different kinds. One wrapper with brand name and other with just wax paper.

Did they change anything about the blades themselves since 2014?
16007256749828897890733352742014.jpg

Mine, that I just recently purchased on AliExpress, have the Astra wrapper and printed, not later etched, lettering on blade.
proxy.php

Also, the back of the 100 pack says copyright 2017 so not sure if these "new ones" are 2017 or just same box when they changed them.

Ok. I guess my old stock has both just the translucent wax paper and ones with the paper outside and wax paper inside.
They seem like they are the same, just a package change. The little writing about made in seems to have same address numbers in russia as my old stock.

I wonder when they did the laster etching and if that didn't last long or what?

Post a picture of the blade itself. If it’s knockoff then normally the blade itself shows signs. Show me a photo of the blade that has the wax paper, not labeled Astra

Ill post a pic when I get home.
I'm pretty sure they aren't knockoffs. They're old. I seem to remember they went from paper covers to the just wax ones of vice versa.
They are from 2014-2015

Ok good, I haven’t had any experience with Astra personally until now. I had so many SuperMax Stainless to go through (bought a case years back) and just found some SuperMax Platinum from the same lot lol

I also just noticed that there's a manufactured date on top of the tucks for the new ones. Mine are 18/06/20. So June 18, 2020.

Looks like my new 7 o'clock a yellows have it too.
Maybe all new gillette have it!!! That's nice. Can mix them with my old now to be able to tell the difference
Yellows are from Nov 2019

I have the machine and everything. But I recently switched to non menthol and haven't picked up tobacco

My setup is a Top tabletop machine (have Gambler tabletop too but prefer Too) Golden Harvest tubes, and Top > Premier > Gambler tobacco, in that order of preference

The tracking number of the Astra blades that I bought from Aliexpress is now working, but it's says that they were send from Turkey. I saw some people in the reviews saying that these blades might be sold for the Turkish market or perhaps made in Turkey, but who knows?

Top Bottom