What's new

Astra SS or SP?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Which do folks here prefer? I find them similar in performance on my ugly mug, but the SS is smoother. Any thoughts?

SS for me. I can't get a good shave with the greens. Might revisit them again since it's been a while.

I've used both and found Astra SP to deliver a smoother shave. I've sensitive skin, and the SS was a tad harsh for me.

I prefer the SS which delivers good shaves in my Rockwell 6c on R4. For some reason the SP and I don't get along - it can leap out and bite me unexpectedly, cause neck irritation and only lasts for two good(ish) shaves. This may change when I try it again, but I'm in no hurry to do so.

For some reason SS have given me more nicks than all other blades combined, and I only had one tuck of them! My vote is for SP.

SP.
It's the only blade I've bought 100 of.
My current Astra SP has 65 shaves on it, going to try for 100.
I used to toss them at 12 uses.
When I tried the SS it . . . I dunno, just felt mediocre and did not last more than 6 shaves. Nothing real awful.

I don't recall ever using the SS, but love the SP. Along with GSB'S they are my top two.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am 6 shaves with a Sp using a Slim razor. It is a real good blade on my skin. I think that some blades work better on certain razors.

I tried Astra SP for the first time tonight, a weeper/nick free shave. The Slim Adjustable was on 5 and I could feel the blade. Haven't tried the SS yet.

The Astra SP was my first 100 blade purchase. I have not purchased any more.
A few months ago I purchased 400 SS. The SS just seems smoother and it seems that shave last longer.

Top Bottom