What's new

Astra SP or Astra SS - Who has tried both?

Platinum is not a marketing term - its truly coated with platinum edge, it adds smoothness and durability, Astra super stainless only coated with polymer.
Astra SP blades are widely used by barbers in Europe.

Anyone know of a source to get a sample pack of Astra SS's? They don't seem to be easy to find in small quantities. I can find the 100 packs on Amazon, or as mentioned here, bestshave.net, but no one seems to have a sampler.

I quite like the SP's, but I've never tried the SS's. I've always been partial to stainless blades, so I think that I'd like them more, but I'd like to try one before loading up the den with 99 extras.

Thing about the SS is that they're not easy to find. Best shave.net has been out of stock for the SS for awhile now. I don't usually like to buy from Amazon because international shipping from the US is quite steep.

I use both on a regular basis and find the Astra Superior Stainless a bit sharper. I like both of the blades but I prefer the sharper blade.

Anyone know of a source to get a sample pack of Astra SS's? They don't seem to be easy to find in small quantities. I can find the 100 packs on Amazon, or as mentioned here, bestshave.net, but no one seems to have a sampler.

I quite like the SP's, but I've never tried the SS's. I've always been partial to stainless blades, so I think that I'd like them more, but I'd like to try one before loading up the den with 99 extras.
Try http://www.maggardrazors.com and click on the "samples" button on the menu at the left side of the page. I don't know if they're in stock, but they offer samplers including Astra SS's.

Top Bottom