What's new

AS (Balm/Milk/Gum) VS Normal Moisturizer.

Is there any difference beyond AS products' having soothing ingredients in them - aloe, menthol and the like?

I'm personally content using facial moisturizer in the place of AS, but if for some magical reason *** are truly capable of eliminating ingrowns, in spite of a poor shave, for example, I wouldn't mind incorporating them in my routine.

I've never been able to go absolutely ATG in all spots without developing ingrowns, no matter how meticulous the prep, or soft the stroke.

AS balms are not that different from facial moisturizers. Sometimes they will have a small amount of alcohol in them for antiseptic purposes or an ingredient intended to having soothing properties like aloe, menthol, or chamomile. Why don't you look up ingredients or compare them at the store for yourself? Or pick up a good cheap balm from the drugstore like Nivea Sensitive (my personal choice, costs $5-6) and see how you like it?

No AS balm is going to magically get rid of ingrown hairs...usually ingrowns are caused by poor technique.

If ATG is causing ingrowns, don't do ATG. Do WTG and XTG only.

Top Bottom