What's new

Artisan Soaps & Storage

Hey y’all!

I’ve been having lots of questions lately so sorry for another question.

I know many of you have vast soap collections. My skin can only tolerate twice-weekly shaves, so the 6 soaps I have should last me a while. Can you guys recommend some containers or give me tips on keeping artisan soaps from going rancid? I have 2 pucks of Mike’s Natural Soaps, 1 Wholly Kaw, 1 A&E, 1 Declaration Grooming, and 1 Noble Otter. Thanks for your wonderful advice!

@fightingillini22 Thank you for the reply. Do you keep your soaps under your sink in Tupperware containers (I thought I could use those)? How long have you had your soaps?
I keep mine in the bathroom linen closet. However whichever puck I use I let it air dry after I wipe off the soap residue on top on the puck. 24 hours after use is sufficient. I just store whichever puck in its original container.

@fightingillini22 Thank you for the reply. Do you keep your soaps under your sink in Tupperware containers (I thought I could use those)? How long have you had your soaps?

I keep them in their original containers unless it was purchased as a loose puck, which then gets placed in either a reused container from a different soap or Anchor Hocking bowl. All the soaps and creams are kept loose in a box. If you were worried about one losing scent you could keep them in a more airtight storage. But I have soaps that are 5 years old and haven't had any issues with scent loss.

I keep mine in the bathroom linen closet. However whichever puck I use I let it air dry after I wipe off the soap residue on top on the puck. 24 hours after use is sufficient. I just store whichever puck in its original container.

This is a good point. If you're not regularly using a soap, letting it air dry for 24 hours before storing away under the sink or in a closet is a good idea.

Top Bottom