What's new

Armscor Brass ... One & Done

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Yesterday, before prepping some .45 ACP brass, out of the misc. mfg. bucket, I thought I’d research Armscor brass, as there were no small number of A USA-stamped cases in the heap. Nearly every thread I came across found folks tossing used A USA cases into a recycling can, with “soft brass” & “poor neck tension” the recurring themes.

Prior to today, the only issue I’d experienced with Armscor brass came in the form of stuck .30 Carbine (factory ammo & once-fired) cases in the cylinder of a Ruger NMB. Every other manufacturer’s cases, if they didn’t just fall out of the cylinder, required a nominal tap from the extractor.

This morning, while flaring misc. once-fired .38 Super brass, three cases necessitated a wee bit more pressure on the handle & upon inspection, I discovered that they were Armscor cases.

Pictured below, are the three flared, and waisted Armscor cases sandwiched between a single Prvi Partizan & two Geco cases, which look exactly like the other 150-plus flared cases.

shoelessjoe

Interesting.
Starline brass makes me happy.
AA

Indeed, Starline’s some excellent brass.

And they’d make me even happier if they’d lengthen their 7.62 x 25 cases a wee bit & commence with the manufacture of .303 British brass

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Indeed, Starline’s some excellent brass.

And they’d make me even happier if they’d lengthen their 7.62 x 25 cases a wee bit & commence with the manufacture of .303 British brass

:bored: I actually HAVE their x25 brass - haven't loaded any, but what's the issue? How short we talking? In Tok or CZ-52?

AA

shoelessjoe

:bored: I actually HAVE their x25 brass - haven't loaded any, but what's the issue? How short we talking? In Tok or CZ-52?
AA

First & foremost, Starline Tok brass is excellent & certainly holds up well, but...

- Case length specs for the 7.62 Tok generally fall between .980 & .990
- Suggested trim-to-lengths range anywhere from .974 to .984
- I grabbed 5 new Starline Tok cases & they range from .961 to .964
- I took one of the new Starline cases (.961.5), ran it through an RCBS sizing die & it came out at .962

As with the .357 Sig, it’s neck tension that feeds the bulldog ... pictured below, a once-fired Prvi Partizan (.979.5) & a new Starline case on the right ... look at those necks...

Ad Astra

The Instigator
First & foremost, Starline Tok brass is excellent & certainly holds up well, but...

- Case length specs for the 7.62 Tok generally fall between .980 & .990
- Suggested trim-to-lengths range anywhere from .974 to .984
- I grabbed 5 new Starline Tok cases & they range from .961 to .964
- I took one of the new Starline cases (.961.5), ran it through an RCBS sizing die & it came out at .962

As with the .357 Sig, it’s neck tension that feeds the bulldog ... pictured below, a once-fired Prvi Partizan (.979.5) & a new Starline case on the right ... look at those necks...

Grr-eat. Thanks!

I'll cross that bridge when I come to it ... lots of reloading projects in line ahead.

Interesting, though, and thanks.

Now about that Armscor ... BOLO (Be On the Look Out)!

AA

Top Bottom