What's new

Arko..??

Whats the big deal with some guys hating ARKO shaving cream.?? I know some guys like it.....I sure do....but some seem to hate it. What gives?

The guys that DONT like it...tell me what about it you dont like.
Sully

Some guys are just pansies..... "ewww it smells...."

$sharing_popcorn-1245.gif

Arko is not a 'luxury' cream, so some turn up their nose at it. It is a good quality, solid, 'journeyman' product and an excellent value, though. Recommended.

-- John Gehman

Arko is not a 'luxury' cream, so some turn up their nose at it. It is a good quality, solid, 'journeyman' product and an excellent value, though. Recommended.

-- John Gehman

Maybe thats it then??? Ive used it...in fact even ordered tubes of some of their different fragrances to try them out....and added a touch of glycerine to it...and it seems to work perfectly. VERY lubricating...nice THICK lather that lasted..what more can a shaver want...other than some particular fragrance..?? I think a lot of it is as posted before....its a lot of YMMV sort of thingy.

Just the same for me with TOBS. I personally find that of all the dozens and dozens of creams I've tried, TOBS is the worst (for me). Same goes for all of the Truefit & Hill creams with the exception of Rose. It's a clear what works for you won't work for all. Arko smells good for me, lasts forever and is easy to travel with.

I think the creams work as well as most others I have tried - better than some, worse than others. For me, the scents just don't grab me enough to keep them in the rotation, so I've got mine up for trade on BST.

I love Arko and glad they do have such a wide range. I will say that it does require more product but who cares with the low price. I do prefer the Moist as well and get amazing shaves with it. Now Derby on the other hand doesn't work quite that good for me.

i used ARKO last night..... still ranks among my favourite soaps...
You know, it's been my experince that if PACO likes it, it is worth a try. Not because I think he is the smartest man alive, but because he does not seem to be swayed by the moment of " The latested and greatest". And if you will read some of his past post, you will come to realize as I have that he is cheap.............So if a product that cost less but preforms well works for him, he sticks with it or at least adds it to his den. Yes sir that PACO is alright..............JR
But I could be wrong, I was once................

You know, it's been my experince that if PACO likes it, it is worth a try. Not because I think he is the smartest man alive, but because he does not seem to be swayed by the moment of " The latested and greatest". And if you will read some of his past post, you will come to realize as I have that he is cheap.............So if a product that cost less but preforms well works for him, he sticks with it or at least adds it to his den. Yes sir that PACO is alright..............JR
But I could be wrong, I was once................
lol... i can't decide if your making fun of me..... lol....

but you are right about me being cheap.... ARKO, TOBS, kiss my face, CO Bigelow........ those are the extent of my soaps... i did buy williams once... but almost broke my trashcan throwing it away..... i don't care for VDH altho some love it... Col. Conk is worse than williams IMHO...

i ordered some MWF but it is 4 days overdue and i am probably gonna have to make a fuss....

the most expensive razor i have i bought for 40$ shipped... the rest cost me between 4.35$ and 25$ or i built them myself for free.... *(speaking of which i am starting a new KAMI today... i want to make me a 7 day kamisori set...)

I love the Arko Creams which do provide for ME a very luxury shaving lather. I learned with age that I am the sole factor in deciding what I like and don't like, what is luxurious for me personally and what is not.

lol... i can't decide if your making fun of me..... lol....

but you are right about me being cheap.... ARKO, TOBS, kiss my face, CO Bigelow........ those are the extent of my soaps... i did buy williams once... but almost broke my trashcan throwing it away..... i don't care for VDH altho some love it... Col. Conk is worse than williams IMHO...

i ordered some MWF but it is 4 days overdue and i am probably gonna have to make a fuss....

the most expensive razor i have i bought for 40$ shipped... the rest cost me between 4.35$ and 25$ or i built them myself for free.... *(speaking of which i am starting a new KAMI today... i want to make me a 7 day kamisori set...)
I would never make fun of you kind sir, Actually that would be dumb of me .........You and "turtle" about the only ones that will talk to me :sad:. And I'm pretty sure you 2 are the only ones who have not reported one of my post to the Moderators!!!! :001_tt2:..........JR

I would never make fun of you kind sir, Actually that would be dumb of me .........You and "turtle" about the only ones that will talk to me :sad:. And I'm pretty sure you 2 are the only ones who have not reported one of my post to the Moderators!!!! :001_tt2:..........JR

Actually I don't think I have reported any of your posts to the mods either. Come to think of it, B&B is a pretty even-keeled place, I don't think I have had to report anyone to a mod here. Here's to keeping it that way.
:a54:

Whats the big deal with some guys hating ARKO shaving cream.?? I know some guys like it.....I sure do....but some seem to hate it. What gives?

The guys that DONT like it...tell me what about it you dont like.
Sully

I don't HATE it, it is just not my favorite by a LONG shot.

Same reason that I don't care for Tabac. The scent is not pleasant to me, which would be ok since it lathers well except that it is in about 50x the concentration than is truly necessary. For scents that are very polarizing, a little subtlety would go a long way. But no, they muck that up like a drunk redneck at an all you can eat buffet.

For the love of all that is good and holy! My underarm deodorant isn't that fragrant! I have colognes that give off less olfactory emanations. I have honestly considered if maybe the locals shave their pits, don't rinse, and don't bother with deodorant.

Irisch Moos is too strong, but since the scent is ok, I let it slide.

The dynamic is, bad smell but mild is acceptable, good smell but too strong is acceptable, bad smell and too strong is unacceptable.

Just want to make sure we are talking about the Arko Cream that comes in the tube and not the Arko Shave Stick that does have a very strong scent. The Arko Creams scents I find to be very mild especially compared to the stick.

I don't HATE it, it is just not my favorite by a LONG shot.

Same reason that I don't care for Tabac. The scent is not pleasant to me, which would be ok since it lathers well except that it is in about 50x the concentration than is truly necessary. For scents that are very polarizing, a little subtlety would go a long way. But no, they muck that up like a drunk redneck at an all you can eat buffet.

For the love of all that is good and holy! My underarm deodorant isn't that fragrant! I have colognes that give off less olfactory emanations. I have honestly considered if maybe the locals shave their pits, don't rinse, and don't bother with deodorant.

Irisch Moos is too strong, but since the scent is ok, I let it slide.

The dynamic is, bad smell but mild is acceptable, good smell but too strong is acceptable, bad smell and too strong is unacceptable.

Top Bottom