What's new

Arko and Williams Mug

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I prefer the Williams over the Arko in every category except ease of lathering and stability of lather. Yes, you can get both with Williams, it just takes more time and effor than it should. To that end, my next puck of Williams is going to get grated and have a little grated Arko to it. That might one of the best soaps ever. Probably a Williams:Arko ratio of 4:1.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I got wasted on margaritas at the Farragut House with my Grammie when I turned 21. Did you see us there? I didn’t know you back then.
In the South Boston of my day "Margarita" wasn't a drink; no, "Margarita" was an exotic saint's name the nuns tried to talk the girls into taking for their Confirmation name.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
In the South Boston of my day "Margarita" wasn't a drink; no, "Margarita" was an exotic saint's name the nuns tried to talk the girls into taking for their Confirmation name.
I went off the beaten path. Picked Dominic over the much more popular, John, Paul and so on.

Remember asking how to get to "Pea-Body" (as in Mr. Peabody and Sherman)
[Silence...]
"Where do ya want to go?"
Me: "Pea-Body"
"Oh... ya mean "Pee-Bah-dee...."
Me (blushing): "yeah, sure, I guess, yeah..."

FWIW--keep seeing posts that Williams is DOA.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Man, this is one of the few times I wish I was born a Catholic female.

I wanted to name my son "Sue" but the War Department vetoed it. One of the few times I let her have her own way; you folks (especially @Intrigued ) know how macho I am.

But after her going to all the trubble of natural childbirth I figured that was the least I could do....

Man, this is one of the few times I wish I was born a Catholic female.

I wanted to name my son "Sue" but the War Department vetoed it. One of the few times I let her have her own way; you folks (especially @Intrigued ) know how macho I am.

But after her going to all the trubble of natural childbirth I figured that was the least I could do....

Hmm...thnking about the song, did you really want to get in a knife fight with your son?? :yikes:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Hmm...thnking about the song, did you really want to get in a knife fight with your son?? :yikes:
No, gun fight. And I'd rather not have to do that either. I figured he needed gravel in his guts. But his mom insisted on Fiber instead. But he didn't grow up a sissy like me after all.

But he is now responsible for feeding himself, so I KNOW he ain't eatin' enough Fiber!

When I was little we were so poor we fought the Beavers over trees so we could get the saw dust for the fiber. True story doggone!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
No, gun fight. And I'd rather not have to do that either. I figured he needed gravel in his guts. But his mom insisted on Fiber instead. But he didn't grow up a sissy like me after all.

But he is now responsible for feeding himself, so I KNOW he ain't eatin' enough Fiber!

When I was little we were so poor we fought the Beavers over trees so we could get the saw dust for the fiber. True story doggone!
FT you are flipping nuts 😂

What I have done: grated both, added some essential oils, glycerin and some Pears soap; mixed and let it air dry for a year. I can use that mix now and then.... I might have put some Derby, too......

Both ARKO and Williams are long time favorites of mine. Along with Proraso they were the first shaving soaps I used and when I use them now they always bring back fond memories of my early efforts at traditional wet shaving. I am disheartened to hear that Williams has been discontinued. Overall though I feel that ARKO is the better performing soap.

I love and use both. Williams is slicker. Arco lathers easier (if thats what many refer to as performance). To get Williams to lather good i found you need to shake most of the water out of your brush. Then it lathers like the best of em and add water after the brush is loaded.

Top Bottom