What's new

Arko and Williams Mug

I mixed Arko with Brut bar soap, rub one on each side of my incredibly handsome face, and mixed them with the brush. Really toned down the Arko smell, and didn't hurt the performance. I should trademark it, doggone!
You should!!!
Well said! Since I either lather on the puck, or rub the puck on my face, I think Williams is easy to use. But it DEFINITELY isn't as polarizing as Arko. And Arko does make my face drier feeling, sometimes. Williams NEVER has.
I think I'm gonna (okay, probably not, as I'm lazy) grate up some Williams and turn it into a stick.
Pros and cons to both soaps. Have not used them both for awhile!

Reactions: jmd
I too like the slickness of Williams and the ease of lather and better protection of Arko. Williams is getting harder and harder to find much more expensive here unfortunately. I grate 2 sticks of Arko and half a puck of Williams, mix together with handful of melted methol crystals infused with a dab of castor oil. This have been my go to soap for years now. The combination allows for a quick protective lather with no blooming necessary.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I too like the slickness of Williams and the ease of lather and better protection of Arko. Williams is getting harder and harder to find much more expensive here unfortunately. I grate 2 sticks of Arko and half a puck of Williams, mix together with handful of melted methol crystals infused with a dab of castor oil. This have been my go to soap for years now. The combination allows for a quick protective lather with no blooming necessary.
I used to mix Williams and ARKO and it made an excellent soap but I’ve become an ardent face latherer so I just use ARKO solo now.

Where can you buy this Williams stuff? EBay has never heard of a price of $1.49 for it. Walgreens is out and Italian Barber doesn't carry it, and Bezos' little hobby site has only 2-packs or larger.

If Our Creator didn't intend us to use WMS, She would not have invented the coffee cup to hold it. That's just science.

I travel with Arko and occasionally succumb to the Cella, Tabac, Speick La Toja Heresies.

When gifted a luxury soap, something hoity toity like Proraso, I regift or use it immediately so I can focus on my very important research into WMS. This is preliminary, but so far the evidence suggests WMS works.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Market Basket in New England is now stocking Williams Mug Soap for $1.09USD.

I’m still airing out the puck I received from amzn on August 24 — nearly there now. Given my favorite way to load ARKO! is a nigh-homeopathic ratio of water to ARKO!; like Italian scientist and wet-shaver Amedeo ARKO!gadro; the Williams should be tamed by the time it’s in the coffee cup.

I’m still airing out the puck I received from amzn on August 24 — nearly there now. Given my favorite way to load ARKO! is a nigh-homeopathic ratio of water to ARKO!; like Italian scientist and wet-shaver Amedeo ARKO!gadro; the Williams should be tamed by the time it’s in the coffee cup.
Funny, my high school chemistry teacher never mentioned ARKO!gadro's Number!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented

DeMoulas' Market Basket... haven't heard that name in years. Is Johnny's Foodmaster still around?

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I’m not a Townie. Was banned from moving there by a resident after I told one too many bank robbing jokes. Then he moved to Saugus!

Top Bottom