What's new

Arko! A serious question?

It’s only alcohol (80%), water and fragrance. I can stand it fine but if you have sensitive skin you might want to tone it a bit down or add some skin goodies like glycerin.
Thank you! I had checked the ingredients and all good for me. I use plenty of alcohol free products, but like that refreshing "slap in the face" at times too!

It’s just a bit higher than in regular AS so the slap/sting is definitely there otoh no menthol but you can add some crystals for summer.
I liked it specifically for no menthol. I believe I'm allergic to it, and I know for sure I'm allergic to tobacco. Anything with those two ingredients are like putting a blowtorch to my face unfortunately...

Definitely looking forward to trying it though. I've been searching for something to pair with my Arko! tub....

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
They are not meant to stay as a Cologne. High proof 80% but not long lasting especially true for citric scents.
So true most of the Turkish barbers in Belfast give you a few spritz all over the smell to me is clean and fresh. But like it's short lived, half way down the street and it's gone. Most of them use this stuff.

20231205_215749.jpg

Reactions: SDK
Good question, as I have often wondered this, myself. I like the pleasant scent of Arko. I think a pretty close match is Clubman Citrus Musk. Even though that's technically a cologne, according to its label, it works fine as an aftershave, too.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Thanks gents for your suggestions I much appreciate them. I've to go into the town centre this week as I'm on a trial period to see if I'm fit for work.

Most of the Turkish barbers sell the products they use so I should be able to pick some your suggestions if given the chance.

Top Bottom