What's new

Aristocrat Showdown! US vs England!

Hey Frank, think about it!
proxy.php
All that JAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!

Great read! I have only been DE shaving for a few months, and have had a very bad RAD... and have collected most of the razors reviewed and have shaved with all of them, and they are all great razors, but the main thing I take away from this all is it really shows that every one gets different results with each razor and blades. My personal favourite is the Aristocrat 48/50, followed by the Gillette Fatboy and the Aristocrat #21 2nd generation, and then the Aristocrat #16.
Wishing all great shaves!

Great read! I have only been DE shaving for a few months, and have had a very bad RAD... and have collected most of the razors reviewed and have shaved with all of them, and they are all great razors, but the main thing I take away from this all is it really shows that every one gets different results with each razor and blades. My personal favourite is the Aristocrat 48/50, followed by the Gillette Fatboy and the Aristocrat #21 2nd generation, and then the Aristocrat #16.
Wishing all great shaves!
Spot on! What shaves great for me not for you or the next guy.
The only thing I can say or should I use the word advise is always keep working on improving your technique because once you really nail down at least 2 techniques so many razors become great shavers that maybe we’re just ok. Blade choice is also important when picking out what razor you’ll be using that day and also what’s your beard like. Light growth or heavy etc.

:a17:

British Aristocrats:

img_8259-jpg.836901
img_8260-jpg.836902
img_8261-jpg.836904
img_8263-jpg.836905

That #14... :001_tt1:

Disclaimer: Those are not my razors. According to their owner there is 30 unique British Aristocrat sets and counting...

Last edited:
Oh I promise Larry it will happen. Just need to work out the details and gather a few razors that are not in my collection. I’m really hoping it follows in the footsteps of this thread. Fun, informative with a bit of history in it..
Intriguing. I will be looking out for your next thread!

I just got to try a 15 and 16 thanks to Mark (Hoka Hey) the 16 was smooth but no where as efficient as the 15. I can honestly say a true 3 pass BBS with no irritation that was as good as most of my modern razors. I never got a great shave from my 46-47 Aristicrat so I kinda wrote off the whole collection. Now thanks to this thread and Mark I’m back in RAD mode

Just received my Brit #15 thanks to this thread and Hoka Hey( who gratefully lent me several vintage razors to try) and it is truly as nice of a shave as you have described. Now I guess I’m on the lookout for a 2nd generation. Great write up and responses on this thread. Look forward to the next comparison

Top Bottom