What's new

Aristocrat? Junior? Milord?

Perhaps if my computer skills were much better I would be able to bring up multiple screens of Mr. Razor's site to compare the Super Speed family. But my skills are not up to doing that. So --- I see Aristocrats and Aristocrat Juniors, but do not see differences. I see Milords, and I see Super Speeds. And I don't see the differences except for color. And I see American and I see British! Is there somewhere I can go to figure out the differences so I can look at a razor and say "why that's a ........."? Direction appreciated!

For starters, you've already got the difference between the Milord and a Super Speed. One is gold plated, the other nickel plated. Milords actually started back when there was a Ranger Tech (the forerunner to the Super Speed, also nickel plated, also with a smooth band on the handle just above the TTO knob as on the early Milords).

Wish I could give you a short cut, but lots of reading and mostly studying pics is what it takes. Spend some time in the safety razor Database of the Wiki, tons of great info there.

For "computer skills", I don't know what browser you're using, but try right clicking on anything in your favorites list. If it gives you the option to "open in a new tab", that will do the trick for you. Then you can simply click each tab to switch back and forth.

ETA: Check AsylumGuido's Identifying The Three Piece Gillettes Thread for some good basics. And his Super Speed Identification Thread for more,

Last edited:
+1 on everything T Rick said. It takes lots of study. Lots of us that can identify the different razors have put in the time plus probably have that razor in a large collection already.

Len

I see. So please explain the difference between #22 and #66 Aristocrats...

Some razors are extremely difficult to identify if there are very similar models without their original case, outer shipper or when there is no date code or patent number. The two razors you mention are in that category as are the US made Regent Tech and Senator. The same can be said for the 1948 Super Speed versus the 1949 version. However since you asked the question I would guess you already knew the answer.

Len

Some razors are extremely difficult to identify if there are very similar models without their original case, outer shipper or when there is no date code or patent number. The two razors you mention are in that category as are the US made Regent Tech and Senator. The same can be said for the 1948 Super Speed versus the 1949 version. However since you asked the question I would guess you already knew the answer.

Len

ah... Len, don't forget the interesting case of the 1941 Aristocrat and the Regent Tech. Here there are two different razors sold in the same box with the same name.... Len points out that the Senator was sold in different packaging as a Regent Tech. The 1941 Aristocrat was also sold in different packaging (from the Aristocrat) as a Regent Tech.

Mr-Razor has the Aristocrat-Regent Tech on his pages, and if I remember correctly, Thirdeye has the Senator-Regent Tech on display.

There are many very interesting threads here on B&B that explore these intricacies.

...Makes it fun!

ah... Len, don't forget the interesting case of the 1941 Aristocrat and the Regent Tech. Here there are two different razors sold in the same box with the same name.... Len points out that the Senator was sold in different packaging as a Regent Tech. The 1941 Aristocrat was also sold in different packaging (from the Aristocrat) as a Regent Tech.

Mr-Razor has the Aristocrat-Regent Tech on his pages, and if I remember correctly, Thirdeye has the Senator-Regent Tech on display.

There are many very interesting threads here on B&B that explore these intricacies.

...Makes it fun!

Jon. I never knew that. I think I skipped that class. I only have the open comb versions of the Senator/Regent Tech. Thanks.

Len

I can't seem to buy a Senator. Missed on two more just today! (Both listed as Regents). Maybe I'd have better luck in D.C.? :laugh:

Jon. I never knew that. I think I skipped that class. I only have the open comb versions of the Senator/Regent Tech. Thanks.

Len

and I have the Aristocrat/Regent Tech....

see
proxy.php

credit to Mr-Razor

Top Bottom