What's new

Are GEM Blue Star Super SE Blades any good?

Are GEM Blue Star Super SE blades any good?

How do they compare with the GEM SS Personna/Ted Pella GEM Personna blades?

Thanks.

Are GEM Blue Star Super SE blades any good?

How do they compare with the GEM SS Personna/Ted Pella GEM Personna blades?

Thanks.
Blue Stars are my favorite SE blade by far, I’ve used hundreds of them over the years. They are carbon steel so they do need to be dried off after each use or they will rust.

I used one about seven times with my GEM razors. it gave me nice smooth shaves. I stropped it before each shave.

Blue Stars are my favorite SE blade by far, I’ve used hundreds of them over the years. They are carbon steel so they do need to be dried off after each use or they will rust.
Glad to hear it. I just got a GEM Featherweight and Blue Star blades. I will try them tomorrow. Thanks!

Stalker here again :ihih:

Please go slow with the carbon blades. You can't make one pass from top to bottom or you won't be happy with the results. It is a slow process especially with an unfamiliar razor.

Are they the original blades that came with the Feather Weight when it was new?
I got new Blue Star and Pella…plus three old Micromatic blades that came with it.
C7FF1406-B034-4BD1-9714-B30F2781366B.jpegFD4A050E-41EE-46D3-AAC9-97B3458D8743.jpegE5A174C5-1700-4753-894B-D4E6DED964A7.jpeg
I definitely will take it slow. Thanks

I don't have any injector blades. Can you recommend a couple? Are they any better than GEM blades?
I don't get along well with the ubiquitous GEM PTFE blades due to the blade exposure apparently. Since I have an injector, I have tried them and they are less harsh for me. You can try the (also)ubiquitous CHIC(Chinese Schick) blades, they are available everywhere. They are supposed to be smoother than any of the Personna made ones. You can get Japanese Schick B-20, not P like Artist Club. Not easy to get. I have some early 70's Schick Platinums in DE and injector that I prefer. About a $1.50 per blade though!

Thanks...but I just did a side-by-side with the GEM and V2...and I prefer the latter. Although I have to say, for a 50-year-old razor, the GEM is excellent. I just like the slim form factor and performance of the modern AC razors ;)

Top Bottom