What's new

Are any of these brushes worth restoring?

I myself have restored #4 and #5, very easy to do. Grab one or two to play with, the knots from TGN are reasonably priced and it's the best way to get an excellent brush on a reasonable budget...

4 and 5 look almost unused.

I'd buy them and throw them on Ebay if nothing else. $5 is resonable for a restore brush unlike Ebay's $12-20 per brush recently.

I purchased brushes 4 and 5. Brush 5 also happens to be an Ever Ready too. I did not realize this at first. I will begin the restoration progress soon. Any recommendations on knots? I have a synthetic brush currently and I want to eventually have a boar and badger brush. I realize badger comes in many "grades" and I don't know which to choose. Can you really tell the difference in them?

Both will take a 20mm knot. I have done a 100 before with a 20mm Vulfix boar from TGN. Soft boar bristles set at 50mm loft.

Try a best badger set to 50mm or a little less in the other one - plenty of backbone with soft tips.

Last edited:
So, I do not think I am going to restore them. I am deciding to make my own. I will post pics in another thread soon.

Top Bottom